Multiple email notifiers

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Two days in a row I have received about 14 emails from the AI forums that a particular thread has been responded to. Everyone of them say that I won't receive any more emails until I visit the boards, but I've been at work all day and haven't.

Is this a known error?

MM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    You may have subscribed a particular thread, and each time there was an answer you have recieved an e mail.

Personaly I don't have subscribed threads, because I hate to recieve tons of email. I suggest you desactivate this option.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

You may have subscribed a particular thread, and each time there was an answer you have recieved an e mail.

Personaly I don't have subscribed threads, because I hate to recieve tons of email. I suggest you desactivate this option.

The only thread that I am subscribed to is this one. At least it is the only one showing up in My vB Home. I do have 'Email Notifications' turned one, but this is the one that says, "There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again. Yours, AppleInsider team."

I received seven from AI this morning alone. Six of them say that nsousansousa has replied to the thread (Post iMac mockups - Future Hardware), and were sent at 10:02p, 10:03p, 10:03p (Yes, two), 10:04p & 10:05p last night.

I read somewhere on the forums here at AI that you couldn't post twice within 120 seconds, to stop spamming, so that would make nsousansousa' posts impossible.

Any ideas? I would like to stop receiving all of these emails from AI, but I do still want to receive one to let me know people have responded. Just not ten! d;-P

MM
  • Reply 3 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    It sound like a bug of VB.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

It sound like a bug of VB.

I was thinking that it was a bug, but thought that I would post for verification and notification to the admins, so that they may try and correct the issue, should they not have previously known about it.

MM