What could this be?

Comments

• Reply 181 of 525
    I wouldn't care how heavy a wireless Mac was if it was mobile I would still lug it all over. lol
  • Reply 182 of 525
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

If it's not an iMac it could be the new 17'' inch cinema display. It would fit inside a 17'' inch powerbook box. the base could be attached separately.

Except that whatever it is, it didn't ship in that box (it doesn't fit inside it).
  • Reply 183 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

Except that whatever it is, it didn't ship in that box (it doesn't fit inside it).

Well, maybe the final packaging ain't done yet, so they are transporting them to Paris in whatever boxes they had available. Maybe? But yeah, maybe it can't fit that box shown in the pic.
  • Reply 184 of 525
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    If it's the new iMac, I just hope it looks better in it's entire
  • Reply 185 of 525
    I love this.
  • Reply 186 of 525
    wow if u look at the styrofoam encasing, it looks just a tad like the form of a g5 tower. i know many would hurt me for saying this, but if that is the new iMac, im getting a dell. if apple is punking us, theyd have some more artistically pleasing fake comps.
  • Reply 187 of 525
    Just checked the box my 15" PB came in this April and the foam is different. As for handles, both the PB and 23" display came with handles - and they are the same size. If this is a fake there are a few people laughing their @ss off right now. If it's not a fake then sign me up for a 20" ASAP.
  • Reply 188 of 525
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    For the one angle shots, how about this one:

The guy puts the thing in the elevator, unwraps it somehow, and tries to take a picture of the thing. He views the result on his camera, decides the lightning is bad, turns off the flash, tries to change the position of the screen a bit by lifting it, while keeping his distance to take a halfway decent picture (hence the few minutes inbetween). Notice there is no room to maneouver (sp?) around in that elevator, so unless he shifts around with the box, there is no way he can take the picture from any other angle.
  • Reply 189 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

I am sitting here looking at my Powerbook 15" box, and the styrofoam inserts, and the box they are in are identical.

I'm at work now, so cannot spend time looking for the link, but there was a story a few weeks ago about an Apple patent for something that looked like an iBook or PowerBook screen with the keyboard half gone missing and an iPod-like connector of sorts on one end. Could this be it?
  • Reply 190 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

I'm at work now, so cannot spend time looking for the link, but there was a story a few weeks ago about an Apple patent for something that looked like an iBook or PowerBook screeen with the keyboard half gone missing and an iPod-like connector of sorts on one end. Could this be it?

yea. i saw that. but it looked a loooooottt smaller. that hasta be a panasonic plasma or something in there. if anyones interested go to the us patent office online and type in apple computers for search records. it might show up.
  • Reply 191 of 525
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Based on the angles that the shots were fired from, there is no way to tell what this thing is. The product tilts back and to the left, making impossible to identify. Apparantly the shots were fired from a 9.5 milimeter Manlacher Canon, probably 2.1 megapixels.

The trigger-man must have been an expert, to get two shots off before the elevator doors opened....unless the first shot somehow magically became two separate ones...

• Reply 192 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Based on the angles that the shots were fired from, there is no way to tell what this thing is. The product tilts back and to the left, making impossible to identify. Apparantly the shots were fired from a 9.5 milimeter Manlacher Canon, probably 2.1 megapixels.

The trigger-man must have been an expert, to get two shots off before the elevator doors opened....unless the first shot somehow magically became two separate ones...

[Kevin Costner] Back, and to the left; back, and to the left; back, and to the left... [/Kevin Costner]

[Jerry Seinfeld] That's one magic iMac! [/Jerry Seinfeld]
  • Reply 193 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Oi!

I've told you before, there's only room for one Messiah on these boards... now beat-it!

• Reply 194 of 525
    "My friend who works in the Charles De Gaul airport posted this pic on my .Mac account. Says they've been unloading stacks of heavy computer boxes all weekend. Took a look inside one in an elevator..."

It's nice to see in this age of terrorism that airport security is working so well.

I guess we need to be more concerned with idiots like this who work at the airport than the people boarding the planes.

• Reply 195 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

"My friend who works in the Charles De Gaul airport posted this pic on my .Mac account. Says they've been unloading stacks of heavy computer boxes all weekend. Took a look inside one in an elevator..."

It's nice to see in this age of terrorism that airport security is working so well.

I guess we need to be more concerned with idiots like this who work at the airport than the people boarding the planes.

hey, he IS checking the packages, if they are real.

honestly there are just too many ifs, ands, and buts in this alleged iMac that it just is hard to believe.
  • Reply 196 of 525

Yeah, he is "checking" them in an elevator while no one is looking. This isn't part of his job or anything. How would you feel if some motherscratcher opened up your brand new Cinema Display and messed around with it for kicks? I know this is a hoax too but you know something like this or worse is happening every day.
  • Reply 197 of 525
    jerombajeromba Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

Wild guess, you're a Prince fan, no?

It's : "Glam Slam, thank U Mam you're really make my day". From the song : Glam Slam - LoveSexy -1988

so it's not ... Wham bam thankyou mam!

Oh and for the pics. I remember when we have seen the Cube, PowerMac G4 MDD, etc... Everybody was saying fake... So for this time I will say : Real !
  • Reply 198 of 525
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple ships Expo products in large containers that are sealed. Immigration "could" open one but it wouldn't wind up in an elevator, on the floor. The photo is fuzzy and the product is awkwardly postitioned. I wonder why? Doesn't that give anyone a clue? Once again, prior to an Expo a phony photo surfaces. In 5 days we'll know the truth and this ain't it.
  • Reply 199 of 525
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeromba

It's : "Glam Slam, thank U Mam you're really make my day". From the song : Glam Slam - LoveSexy -1988

so it's not ... Wham bam thankyou mam!

And from Belgium i just notice... AND a comic book lover... if the next thing you tell me is that you're a K.U.Leuven student i must have found my online doppelganger.
  • Reply 200 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by tak1108

Maybe that's a new 17" consumer monitor. You know how heavy those monitors are? The old ones are a ton of bricks.

Whatever it IS, the question remains, on how and why this person was able to see an apple box, then to open it, when he himself is not a rabid apple fan, willing to take the risk of being fired just to see the what's on the inside.

On the other hand, if this is the new iMac, or new monitor or whatever, maybe apple is shipping them to the site in boxes, for sale IMMEDIATELY after the PhilNote.

But that begs the question. Why not just read the outside of the box?

I'll believe or won't belive at the keynote.

But the point would not be to read a name of the product, but to see the product. If it say's "iMac G5" we all would have said WHY DIDN'T YOU OPEN IT UP TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE??? HOAX!!!!!

You just can't win....