Bloody Hell: Man Boots OS X on Windows XP Running On Os X

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:

Now all I need to do is fire up VPC with Windows in the emulated Mac in the emulated PC on the real Mac .

Brilliant.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    apparently this is actually, er, quite lame since someone's already done this with, like, two dozen emulators, so, er, carry on and sorry to waste your time.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    There is no god. I'm now a nihilist.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I wish I knew how to install PearPC on the PC at work, then I could sit there and do web-pages in FreeWay for Mac.

I tried to look at PearPC but I don't have a clue as to how to get started???

I'll pay money to whom ever can burn an install CD for me!!!

Sincerly

Zab The Fab
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

apparently this is actually, er, quite lame since someone's already done this with, like, two dozen emulators, so, er, carry on and sorry to waste your time.

Now if each receding version used an earlier OS rev (at the 2nd level, so 10.3 to 10.2, not straight to 9 if you wanted to stretch the sequnce), it might make an interesting test to see how far back you could go.

Quite likely the limitation would be finding older and older emulators... I'd say OS 6 or 7, but IIRC there are some Apple ][ emulators around, and on the other side you'd probably end up pre-Windows in DOS.

If you got lucky enough for the Hollywood version, you might end up with the innermost window blinking like Eniac or driving tape, or gears like Colossus... that might be awesome.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

He really has.

Why didn't I think of that?

Haha. That's great.

BTW, there were many threads hijacked by this topic, but I don't think anyone every posted any screenshots.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    How postmodern.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

How postmodern.

Not the P-word I would have called... if only for rediscovering a potentially more appropriate one...

< removed because I might try some art on this theme and don't want to jinx >
  • Reply 9 of 11
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Nice try.. but you wasted a lot of time to complete this lame task. Not worth it.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Nice try.. but you wasted a lot of time to complete this lame task. Not worth it.

Would you care to elaborate?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    jasocojasoco Posts: 74member
    I don't think it's lame. I think it's a fun experiment. I really would like him to put Windows in VPC on that emulated Mac in Windows on the Mac... Or better yet, VPC with Linux running Wine... running OS 9 running Virtual Game Station.