Siemens SK65 communicator phone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Still trying to decide if it's super cool or a super dud.

Siemens SK65

Built-in QWERTY keyboard

Dedicated number pad

Built-in Blackberry

Bluetooth

64MB of memory

132x176 pixel 65K color screen

SyncML

It even look good.

More Pictures.

No details on pricing. You know this thing is meant to be a business machine. No camera! Finally, a high end phone with no camera. Not like they had room for one though.

Could this be a Treo killer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    It looks like it definitely has potential to be super cool, but I'd have to actually play with one to find out.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 134member
    i would love to have a good cellphone/pda compatible with the Mac. Heard there was a sony cellphone out... waiting for a good PDA though. Maybe nexgen iPod will be more PDA.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    tobsentobsen Posts: 5member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sparhawk

i would love to have a good cellphone/pda compatible with the Mac. Heard there was a sony cellphone out... waiting for a good PDA though. Maybe nexgen iPod will be more PDA.

Siemens phones are compatible. iSync snycs already with the S55 and also birthdays.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    i really like the look of that!

but i don't have/need blackberry...

...or do i? its not really taken off in the UK.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My biggest concern is doing email on a small device. The Treo looked like the champ here but there are some disadvantages: the number keypad has much to be desired, and it's size. This device seems to solve both issues but with so little known about the OS, I'm not quite sure what to conclude yet.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Seimens as a cell phone company? Are their stuff good?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    i had an old siemens phone (before camera phones, bluetooth etc) and it was excellent. the UI was very different to my nokia, and i didn't like it to begin with, but it became very intuitive.

siemens have been dragging their feet regards technology recently. like bluetooth support for example...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

i had an old siemens phone (before camera phones, bluetooth etc) and it was excellent. the UI was very different to my nokia, and i didn't like it to begin with, but it became very intuitive.

I played around with a couple of Siemens phones and I think the UI is not really intuitive.

On the other hand, a friend of mine who is studying psychology told me that test showed the Siemens UI to be more intuitive than Nokia's. I guess it all bolis down to personal preference.

Quote:

Originally posted by othello

siemens have been dragging their feet regards technology recently. like bluetooth support for example...

How so? Most of their phones do have BT built in. But it seems to be common practice to not include it in consumer phones - a lot of Nokia phones are lacking BT, too. One thing that I don't get is the omisiion of BT in the SL line when the S line has it (e.g. S/SL 55, the upcoming S/SL 65).

I am glad they did not include a camera with the SK65. Camaras should not be integrated into cellphones!

P.S.: Will phones that are supported in iSync via BT also work via cable?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    taztaz Posts: 74member
    Compared to the Motorola Razr V3, MPx and MPx220; not too sure re the stud vs. dud comparison. Honestly the Razr looks to be the prefect Powerbook companion. Brushed aluminum next to brushed aluminum. Hmmmmmmmm. If Moto can get their heads unstuck and work out the bugs from their phones prior to release they could have a number of winners out this year.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    I've been looking for a new Siemens cell phone for some time now and I was about to go for the S65, but then I saw this beauty and started thinking again. I really like the design of this phone.

The only question I have is: what is this blackberry ? And does it function with my Mac ?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

Siemens has some trouble with their 65 series phones.

T-Mobile and others stoped selling them and gave the phones back to Siemens due to a sound issue when the batterie runs empty and the phone switches itself of.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    A fix for that problem has already been posted on their website. Of course it's not too good a sign that this went unnoticed, but overall I haven't had much trouble with my Siemens S45. Although it seems to me that the S65 is the way to go for me. Blackberry can't be used in Belgium apparently, so there's no need to go for the SK65