Virtual PC 7 at Expo?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Do you think Microsoft will take this opportunity to demo VPC 7? All has been quiet since they said it would be delayed until XP SP2 had been released, which has now happened.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by ic1male

Do you think Microsoft will take this opportunity to demo VPC 7? All has been quiet since they said it would be delayed until XP SP2 had been released, which has now happened.

That would make a lot of sense... the timing seems right, and the product is significant enough to merit widespread coverage.

I know quite a few people who are waiting until after VP7 ships to buy a new G5. It would definitely jumpstart some PowerMac sales even if the iMac is the star of the show this time.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    maddanmaddan Posts: 75member
    Virtual PC 6.1 won't be able to run on the new iMac G5 so it would seem to be good timing.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Virtual PC7 has been finished for ages....its Windows that's broken

(sometimes you just gotta..)
  • Reply 4 of 10
    i still love my powerbook

gotta love the mac!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    VPC 7 is ready, but there is a lot of dust flying around SP2 and I think most people want to see the dust settle before moving to VPC7 and SP2.

The best option would be to get VPC 7 and then use an existing MS OS, like 2000.

I would say that they odds are pretty good that PC 7 will be announced in Paris - regardless of the SP2 problems as MS seems to be downplaying those problems.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    ic1maleic1male Posts: 121member
    Yes, I just read that Virtual PC 7 is being released to manufacturing this week so Microsoft is bound to have it on display at Expo.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by ic1male

Yes, I just read that Virtual PC 7 is being released to manufacturing this week so Microsoft is bound to have it on display at Expo.

Yup. See our article this morning. It wont show up until October in stores, but I'm sure we'll obtain a copy prior.

Best,

Kasper
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Check out MacNN...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I don't love VPC, but it comes in handy every once in a while. Its about time we have VPC for our G5s.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I'd just love to see VPC finally able to run BeOS! LOL. I've never gotten BeOS to run in ANY virtual machine software.