New Ipod Commercial!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
to the tune of 'walkie talkie man' by steriogram. Just aired on the VMA's!

edit from apple:

on apple site

also one from HP aired. pretty decent for a non-apple commercial.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Here's a link to the HP commercials (WMV):

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hp...sic/index.html

If I'm not mistaken, Howard Dean's "YEAGH" is edited into the "Mash Up" commercial. They may have played with the speed and pitch a bit, but it sounds just like it.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Here's a link to the HP commercials (WMV):

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hp...sic/index.html

If I'm not mistaken, Howard Dean's "YEAGH" is edited into the "Mash Up" commercial. They make have played with the speed and pitch a bit, but it sounds just like it.

Seems ironic that you can view the ipod commercials on the HP site in WMV and REAL but not QT

Oi!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    My question is how does apple know what songs to pick for it's ads? Do they have some inside at the music industry? Black Eyed Peas - Hay Mama, Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl, and Stereogram - Walkie Talkie Man all became huge hits after Apple put them in their ads. No one I knew had even hear of Jet before that iPod ad. Then, last night on the VMAs out of nowhere comes The Polyphonic Spree, also featured in an iPod ad (with the VW bug).

Or maybe I'm just really out of sync when it comes to music (which is probably more likely).
  • Reply 4 of 10
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    After watching the adds last night during the VMAs i finally figured out why HP is selling the ipod. That tag line on the add, "your PC will never be the same again" or something like that. They plan on breeding the misconception among people who already don't own an ipod that ipod=apple=only works with apple computers but Hpod=HP= Windows compatable. If they can pull it off then its pure [evil]genius
  • Reply 5 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    No they're just dumb biege box suits who aren't thinking. Your PC will never be the same again? What!? What about....you. It's a separate piece of hardware from the PC. It's a digital Walkman with a few games and a calendar. The only thing you use your PC for is getting the music, and a few ditties like the Calendar. They don't get that it's a lifestyle. wrt to the music tracks, yes, that is eerie. Apple is always ahead of their time.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

My question is how does apple know what songs to pick for it's ads? Do they have some inside at the music industry? Black Eyed Peas - Hay Mama, Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl, and Stereogram - Walkie Talkie Man all became huge hits after Apple put them in their ads. No one I knew had even hear of Jet before that iPod ad. Then, last night on the VMAs out of nowhere comes The Polyphonic Spree, also featured in an iPod ad (with the VW bug).

Or maybe I'm just really out of sync when it comes to music (which is probably mo

Wow. Just wow. Saw a new ad with Ozomatli in it. They are going to hit it big now. Hip Hop Socialize it's a Saturday Night. Saw them live at Warped Tour in Boston this year and NO one else out of a 1000 people liked them it seemed. I was like Freakin A! They were tight: ska, middle eastern vocals, rapping, a little punk, it was phat. They were great live, I mean come on they played the HOKEY POKEY and sesame street.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    maybe you guys are just looking for music in the wrong places...none of these bands are new

its not hard to find out what is going to be the next single off a CD...and bands would be more than happy to have their song featured in a pop culture commerical...its just more air time for them

Jet had been out for a long time before being featured in an iPod ad

BEP has been big for years...one of my favorite hip-hop groups...Elephunk is a much poppier CD than their last ones...it was just a matter of time before the songs started getting big

I had heard walkie talkie man a while back when it first came out...but the iPod commercial is the only time I've heard it since

Ozomatli is a bit of a surprise though...one of my favorite bands for years...somewhat connected to BEP as Will.i.am is on Ozo's second album...they are like a latino salsa band with an American MC and DJ...their first album featured Chali 2na and Cut Chemist of Jurassic 5...by far their best album...haven't had much of a chance to give the new one a listen yet though
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dogcow

Or maybe I'm just really out of sync when it comes to music (which is probably more likely).

More likely is that being featured in an iPod Silhouette Ad = ticket to success

Apple has come to equal cool (at least iPod = status), so association is a boost.

Hell, even noname actor Kevin Costner got a boost from being in Apple Ads. (22.7MB MPEG)