New PowerBook - Sticky Keys?!?!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just got a brand new 15in PB last Monday. Besides the one red dead pixel in the middle of the screen (that apple won't fix.. grr!), the alt/option and apple key to the left of the space bar seem to stick. The keys themselves do not stick, but the support beneath these 2 keys pushes down when you press on either key, and after releasing the key, about 3 seconds later you hear a pop and the keys are raised just slightly above the rest.

Has anyone else seen this? What are the odds apple with do anything about it? I purchased APP with this machine.

-Steve

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    I don't use one but did you check others? Is it common to them all or just yours?

(I have an iBook and the keyboard can be popped up, not sure about PB

Did you try popping the keyboard off and repositioning it? It's probably merely misaligned from when someone installed something under it (sorry if that doesn't apply to PB).

If it is broke Apple Care should replace it no problem.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by sbader

Just got a brand new 15in PB last Monday. Besides the one red dead pixel in the middle of the screen (that apple won't fix.. grr!), the alt/option and apple key to the left of the space bar seem to stick. The keys themselves do not stick, but the support beneath these 2 keys pushes down when you press on either key, and after releasing the key, about 3 seconds later you hear a pop and the keys are raised just slightly above the rest.

Has anyone else seen this? What are the odds apple with do anything about it? I purchased APP with this machine.

-Steve

apple WILL replace the keyboard if theres a problem like that. just sit on the phone with them for a while.