Mac Rumors "Source" Claims to have info...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
FWIW:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...&page=13&pp=25

"the info i put out was, the guts of the machine are indeed behind the screen, the keyboard and mouse are wireless, vertical slot on side of monitor,the black eyes peas are shown with it and they're talking about Garage Band, and the person i met who is not a mac user was very impressed with it. that's all true. as in facts. facts are information. what i particularly found encouraging is how it impressed a wintel user, so it can't be all that bad. i felt motivated to post all this after i saw some of the egyption renderings/speculation."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    The URL got cut off.

Look at the "Dual Swingarm iMac G5?" thread, from page 9 on.

The source is "kontact".
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Thanks for the info. He dosen't give much specifics other than to suggest that the pyrmid mac is a no go (thank goodness). The Black eyed peas reference is specific and we will at leat know if he really was in the know.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

The Black eyed peas reference is specific and we will at leat know if he really was in the know.

By the time you know if he's in the know, you won't care if he's in the know or not.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I was thinking.

couldn't they just have a display with USB 2.0 / firewire ports, and make everyone just use them to connect to the CD/DVD burner. that does solve the whole keeping the CD burning vertical...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by strivetolive

I was thinking.

couldn't they just have a display with USB 2.0 / firewire ports, and make everyone just use them to connect to the CD/DVD burner. that does solve the whole keeping the CD burning vertical...

lol Are you joking?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    eaoneaon Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Ok, I'm pretty new to the forums here (and to Macs in general - only had this PowerBook since this model came out in, um, May, was it? April?), but having lusted over Macs for many years, seems to me that extra cords and stuff hooked up outside the main box, other than keyboard and mouse, just doesn't fit with their way of doing things. That's my take, anyway.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    rnskrnsk Posts: 35member
    You all do realize that the vertical drive problem from way back when was first a technological one (rotational speed issues) then an "asthetic" one (marketing) right?

I think that problem has been solved for awhile, actually so its no big deal. The little drives are so much faster now that they can just "downspec" one and still have a reasonable "official" speed rating.

-K
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

FWIW:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...&page=13&pp=25

"the info i put out was, the guts of the machine are indeed behind the screen, the keyboard and mouse are wireless, vertical slot on side of monitor,the black eyes peas are shown with it and they're talking about Garage Band, and the person i met who is not a mac user was very impressed with it. that's all true. as in facts. facts are information. what i particularly found encouraging is how it impressed a wintel user, so it can't be all that bad. i felt motivated to post all this after i saw some of the egyption renderings/speculation."

The guy (kontact) was right after all... Check this video :-)
  • Reply 9 of 10
    He also posted here on AI but got no response...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Ya see, in the future Kontact is our contact.