Black Panels uncovered.

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ensign Pulver is right. It's not even cute or funny. Every dipwad with Photoshop Elements and no homework left to do has been unleashed the past 24 hours.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Ya know. The mods create this little insanity playground when necessary for this type of activity. You can always change the station for awhile.

More fun in here for now. Enjoy this brief moment in time. Tomorrow, people will be whining about how crappy Apple is.

I would rather be here in lalaland....

But I will be even happier tomorrow when I order my new iMac!!!!
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I know this is Temporary Insanity and everything, but has AI just devolved into some ridiculous teen-age fake photo competition? It wasn't funny when philbot did it and now we have entire threads dedicated to this garbage?

Hello, mods?

You're right. It was a bad, stupid joke.

Sorry all !

Kmac: Thanks for the sharp memory !
  • Reply 24 of 42
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    That is the funniest motherfucking thing I have ever seen in my life.

EDIT: just letting the slow people know that the above statement is sarcasm. Thanks.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    kcmac, you've got it backwards. The conditions don't create the section, it's the other way around. Give people a place to act like dicks, and, mostly likely, they will. No one truly loses control and composure prior to a keynote...it's just expected (and, in a way, encouraged).

Actually, if they were good fakes, done with some flair AND (here's the worst part) kinda done tongue-in-cheek and letting everyone know it's a put-on, that wouldn't be bad. Those are fun and everyone's in on it together, like that one Kasper posted. You know, going in, it's a goof.

Think The Onion.com, and not MOSR. Huge difference.

But a lot of people have found inspiration in Philbot's little stunt and are approaching it in a way that guarantees people get irked.
  • Reply 26 of 42
    zon7zon7 Posts: 41member
    Yes. That's an iMac G5 with dock and I'm Napoleon.

Think: what would do people that hasn't got an iPod with an iPod dock? Put Coke there?

Silly
  • Reply 27 of 42
    I'd just like to know at what point in time these banners get installed and then subsequently covered with the black tarps? It's not like they were shipped in pre-assembled and covered already.

There's always pre-show 'spy' photos of any Apple event. After numerous pre-expo/pre-macworld/pre-wwdc rumour frenzies you'd think that those banners would have been caught before they'd been tarped at one time or another.

Sure wish I knew how to get into the Akamai image servers.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    They probably shipped those in large trucks, which parked inside, on the show floor, then were assembled and draped with that black covering.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by zon7

Yes. That's an iMac G5 with dock and I'm Napoleon.

Think: what would do people that hasn't got an iPod with an iPod dock? Put Coke there?

Silly

Kind of ridiculous logic, do I put belly-button lint in my extra USB port because I don't have a digital camera? Hell no, that's where I put my boogers!

• Reply 30 of 42

All I know is that it's going to take a long time to draw this iMac G5 billboard by hand...

• Reply 31 of 42
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

kcmac, you've got it backwards. The conditions don't create the section, it's the other way around. Give people a place to act like dicks, and, mostly likely, they will. No one truly loses control and composure prior to a keynote...it's just expected (and, in a way, encouraged).

Actually, if they were good fakes, done with some flair AND (here's the worst part) kinda done tongue-in-cheek and letting everyone know it's a put-on, that wouldn't be bad. Those are fun and everyone's in on it together, like that one Kasper posted. You know, going in, it's a goof.

Think The Onion.com, and not MOSR. Huge difference.

But a lot of people have found inspiration in Philbot's little stunt and are approaching it in a way that guarantees people get irked.

Yes. I agree with you and Ensign. It can get a little out of hand. I think the longer you are with these boards the more of a bother this is. (I don't post a lot but I hang around quite a bit.)

It is almost impossible to pull of a great prank. It takes a lot of thought and effort.

What kills me however, is the pranks, like philbots which just don't make sense from the start and still keep going. Even when philbot caved in, there were still people that thought it could be real. (And I'm not beating on philbot here.)

So that is the stuff that bothers me about what could be fun. Recognize it and move on. People want to believe so bad that they lose their common sense.

I am trying to figure out if the pranks or the people that want to believe them cause you the most angst. For me it is the latter.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Dang, just a few more hours. Keep the fakes coming!
  • Reply 33 of 42
    And might I suggest that future 'serious' attempts follow Apple design a bit more?

Gigantic side-by-side billboards all showing the same single image? No.

( At the very least, they'd show the 17" and 20" models... two images. Think. )

One long line of marketing copy next to one carefully selected image? Yep. (Tiger banner)

One campaign of several-riffs-on-a-theme presented in series? Yep. See iPod posters.

If you're going to spoof, be subtle (pscates does some very professional looking mockups with lots of attention to detail, including fonts and feel that demand a second look to tell if it isn't from the fruit company), or garish (bigfoot) but execute either seamlessly and you'll win grudging respect.

Sorry, been grading design projects all day and am still in critique mode.

<* pours scotch *>

Hmm... still looks rushed and ill conceived.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

All I know is that it's going to take a long time to draw this iMac G5 billboard by hand...

Excellent! Thanks a lot.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by nsousansousa

[B]Bon Jour.

Je suis français et j'ai, malheureusemenrt, fait tomber les manteux noirs.

Excusez moi !

Do not continue to speculate about these images, as to whether or not they are photoshopped or real iMac images.

You folks have to understand.

These images are just for the French, and nobody else.

(think about it.)

They have nothing to do with the new iMacs.

Regards,

Roger Born

writing.borngraphics.com

Sorry. No Refunds.
  • Reply 36 of 42
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
  • Reply 37 of 42
    PMSL

Brilliant!
  • Reply 38 of 42
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Instant classic.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    Hp are demonstrating a new high speed large format printing solution...

• Reply 40 of 42
    LOL, that's awesome.