Live keynote coverage?

Comments

• Reply 101 of 150
    hhoganhhogan Posts: 117member
  • Reply 102 of 150
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The picture on the last iMac page really sums it up. The entire system is there behind the keyboard. View

The space is so much cleaner compared to every other system out there.
  • Reply 103 of 150
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Don't like it? Don't buy it then. AS I noted previously the whinning begins. Nothing that Apple introduces can satisfy some, although some do come around when they actually see the machine in person. That's life I guess. Have a great day.
  • Reply 104 of 150
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AdvocateUK

Oh man, I was ready to sell my Powermac for a new iMac but these things are just so "unApple" I can't bring myself to do it.

Some of the mockups in the iMac3 mockup thread were WAY more beautiful than this. What have they been smoking?

"unApple" right..please explain to us what's so "unApple" about this computer. For chrissakes it looks just like the Cinema displays.
  • Reply 105 of 150
    aecioaecio Posts: 3member
    fuck
  • Reply 106 of 150
    What's the point of hanging this on the wall?

Apple always surprise us with how easy, functional and beautiful they make their products. The new iMac changes this. Yes it's lovely to be able to hang your screen on the wall but can you imagine how frustrated you're going to be having to lean over all the time to put cd's/dvd's in it whilst it's on the wall? Sheesh!
  • Reply 107 of 150
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by krisneph

I'll pretend tomorrow I haven't seen it when my friend asks me

• Reply 108 of 150
    It isn't "terrible"... but it is "ok to bad" IMO.

It is a marvel of engineering... but a lackluster design.
  • Reply 109 of 150
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

VESA compatibility. You can hang in on the wall or from a reticulating arm.

With wireless input this thing is killer!
  • Reply 110 of 150
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    My appologies to the original poster of the pics... you know, it's always the messanger of the bad news that gets killed

Three words on the new iMac: sad, sad, sad!

- The FX5200 is a sad choice, especially since it is not upgradeable.

- the squarish form factor is really sad considering the use of widescreen displays - the space seems so wasted.

- finally the pricepoints. These alone would earn a "sad" each; they are obscene!

I guess the eMac will see an update to the G5 and will become the true iMac leaving FP-iMac sales in the dust!
  • Reply 111 of 150
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Big Hi Res photos up on the PR Page:

http://www.apple.com/pr/photos/imacflat/04imac.html

including this one:

• Reply 112 of 150
    Quote:

Originally posted by Malokata

how'd you do it, lurker?

cronenbergs posted a link to a japanese site on applenova iChat

apparently the Apple Store Japan came bak up a little TOO early and then went back down.... but not before someone grabbed a photo
  • Reply 113 of 150
    If I just had the money, I'd be ordering one right now. But unfortunately I can't. The new iMac has a certain charm to it.
  • Reply 114 of 150
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

With wireless input this thing is killer!

Yeah forgot about wireless. It'll be great to wirelessly insert cd's with this thing
  • Reply 115 of 150
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    were it not for the form factor of the previous iMac, I'd really be liking this. As it were, it is a function regression that I'm not terribly fond of. Waiting to see it in person though...
  • Reply 116 of 150
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
  • Reply 117 of 150
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AdvocateUK

What's the point of hanging this on the wall?

Apple always surprise us with how easy, functional and beautiful they make their products. The new iMac changes this. Yes it's lovely to be able to hang your screen on the wall but can you imagine how frustrated you're going to be having to lean over all the time to put cd's/dvd's in it whilst it's on the wall? Sheesh!

Ok let me dumb this down for you since it is obvious you are of the feebleminded minority. VESA mounts mean you can mount to ANY VESA compliant mounting system. Thus I can move the entire freaking computer out my way when I need to access my desk.

Not everyone has tons of desktop space for a larger monitor and tower. This iMac will sell big in places where small computer sizes are a must. Not too shabby that they did this at $1299 entry pricepoint either.
  • Reply 118 of 150
    Does anyone have any idea why the stand is metallic and the other part is white?
  • Reply 119 of 150
    It's great, apart from the graphics card, and I guess there's some excuse in that it was supposed to be released three to four months ago.

It's like any new apple product - everyone says "it's ugly" or "it's un apple" or "it's a step backwards".

Balls

They've fitted a slightly de-specced powermac into a *tiny* enclosure - and it's not even full of cheese grater holes. What, exactly did you expect it to look like? It's elegant and different. £10 says that all the naysayers will be saying how great it looks in a months time
  • Reply 120 of 150
    Quote:

For F**KS sake

Hmmm. I thought 'eMac flat on alu stand' when I see first.

Not 'wow' look at me lamp stand me duck.

Hmmmm.

Could be a 'grower'.

Many Ive designs seduce in the flesh. G5 tower did just that for me.

Problem for me...is the amount of 'lower' bevel with Apple badge on.

Distracts from screen in way alu displays don't. But...fitting in alot of computer in 2 inch.

Not bad achievement.

We're one inch away from Powerbook.

A grower methinks.

Credit where it's due. Price.

Much. MUCH better.

Lemon Bon Bon