Bleach: Don't use it

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I live in a house with a couple of guys who I started my company with. One of them is an effete ex-investment banker, who is one of those guys that is just hopeless with tools.

Why does one's ability with tools, etc, always seem to echo a level of thoughtfulness and planning? How come he's the only fucker who can't figure out how to use bleach, and not have it leave residue all over the place, completely ruining my whole batch of colors. . . Again.

I swear, the shit is about to hit the fan. He's in the other room right now on the phone with his girlfriend, who may be the only girl in the world more effeminate than he is. Now, I'm not terribly upset at coughing up $150 for new clothes (although I'd rather not), but this means I have to go to the fucking store to buy clothes, which flat-out sucks since in central Florida you're sunk if you can't find it at "Burdines" or one of the other crappy stores around here. The shirts always seem to get hit are the polos, which appear to be size "5", a mystery not listed with the S-M-L-XL sizes online.

Grrrrrr...

Anyway, don't use bleach in the washing machine unless you have damn good pour-control AND run the washer once after you're done. Let it be a lesson to you all, because the other guy who uses the machine might have a baseball bat and a loathing for malls.

One more thing: What the hell is size 5? I think it must be Medium or Large, since that's what I tend to wear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

By the way, that's a ladies' medium size shirt you're wearing.

• Reply 2 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Maybe that's why they fit so well, and not so damn baggy. . . . although womens' shirts tend to have a bit of a different cut, and I don't think this is the case.

Oh well. At least I thought I bought them in the mens' department.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

who may be the only girl in the world more effeminate than he is.

Does he wear girls clothes too? What size panties (I assume thats the US word) do you wear
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I live in a house with a couple of guys who I started my company with. One of them is an effete ex-investment banker, who is one of those guys that is just hopeless with tools.

Why does one's ability with tools, etc, always seem to echo a level of thoughtfulness and planning? How come he's the only fucker who can't figure out how to use bleach, and not have it leave residue all over the place, completely ruining my whole batch of colors. . . Again.

I swear, the shit is about to hit the fan. He's in the other room right now on the phone with his girlfriend, who may be the only girl in the world more effeminate than he is. Now, I'm not terribly upset at coughing up $150 for new clothes (although I'd rather not), but this means I have to go to the fucking store to buy clothes, which flat-out sucks since in central Florida you're sunk if you can't find it at "Burdines" or one of the other crappy stores around here. The shirts always seem to get hit are the polos, which appear to be size "5", a mystery not listed with the S-M-L-XL sizes online.

Grrrrrr...

Anyway, don't use bleach in the washing machine unless you have damn good pour-control AND run the washer once after you're done. Let it be a lesson to you all, because the other guy who uses the machine might have a baseball bat and a loathing for malls.

One more thing: What the hell is size 5? I think it must be Medium or Large, since that's what I tend to wear.

had to get away from all the iMac talkj for just a bit and you touched on something near and dear to my heart...the love hate relationship I have with bleach. My wife and I have a fountain in our back yard which gets slimey every so often and needs to have a bit of bleach poured into it so the pumpcan....you see where I am going with this dont you? Anyway no matter how F-ing careful I am there are always two certainties when I have a bottle of bleach in my hand 1)its going to get on the clothes I have on 2)I'm too F-ing stupid to realize this and change so I end up ruining one of my nicer shirts or pair of jeans.

I am 6'6" tall, so good clothes (nice looking clothes that fit)are even more of a pain in the ass to find. I recently ruined this pair of Lucky jeans that my wife bought me and loved. So dont think you're alone bro.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Hell I'm not done...

It equally pisses me off when you have to use bleach to get the brightness back into your whites and it works fine on socks and t-shirts and such but the second I throw in a Banana Republic linen shirt or a Brooks Brothers dress shirt it turns the shirt some wierd shade of yellow forcing me to wash it again and further wear the life expectancy of that shirt. Bastard Bleach!!!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by powermacG6

Does he wear girls clothes too? What size panties (I assume thats the US word) do you wear

Ha ha. You are a funny man G6. I will kill you last.

I'm sure you missed that reference, but the bottom line is that you shouldn't be worried. The bottom line about my shirts is that they are not at all womens' shirts. They're just of a fairly high quality, and the manufacturer sizes them by number. I've worn the lacoste shirts for years. Now someone decided to make them cool, and incidentally drove up the price a shitload. Yarrr.

I think I'm going to outsource to the dry cleaner a bit more often. Hell, $1 for a shirt isn't a bad idea. (Can anyone tell me why shirts are $1 and pants $3.50? Damn, in all of my days I've found shirts to be much harder to wash and iron)

As for the panties, G6, I have a 32 inch waste. I imagine that would solve your dilemma, although somehow I'm ready to bet that female undergarments are sized in several dimensions, since they are always a few degrees more complicated than the equivalent mens' garment.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    someone who's effete probably wouldn't do laundry.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

someone who's effete probably wouldn't do laundry.

I used the word correctly, as far as I know. He's not lazy, but certainly effete. As in, he couldn't take the time or effort to run the machine through again or wash off the bleach puddles left on the top. The fact that he's effete and effeminate is a bit of a assonant menagerie, but lo and behold, it's the truth.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member

Tide with color safe bleach.

And that is a women's shirt.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Maybe you should hide all his underwear and force him to go commando
  • Reply 11 of 16
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Maybe you should *accidentally* soak his best dress in bleach
  • Reply 12 of 16
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

had to get away from all the iMac talkj for just a bit and you touched on something near and dear to my heart...the love hate relationship I have with bleach. My wife and I have a fountain in our back yard which gets slimey every so often and needs to have a bit of bleach poured into it so the pumpcan....you see where I am going with this dont you? Anyway no matter how F-ing careful I am there are always two certainties when I have a bottle of bleach in my hand 1)its going to get on the clothes I have on 2)I'm too F-ing stupid to realize this and change so I end up ruining one of my nicer shirts or pair of jeans.

I am 6'6" tall, so good clothes (nice looking clothes that fit)are even more of a pain in the ass to find. I recently ruined this pair of Lucky jeans that my wife bought me and loved. So dont think you're alone bro.

Go to a pool supply store (Wal-Mart sells this now even) and get chlorine tablets. No fuss, no muss, no damaged cloths. My parents have a fountain and I toss a tablet in every few weeks when I cut their lawn.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Go to a pool supply store (Wal-Mart sells this now even) and get chlorine tablets. No fuss, no muss, no damaged cloths. My parents have a fountain and I toss a tablet in every few weeks when I cut their lawn.

I seriously cant believe I havent thought about that before...thanks.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    You need this stuff. Napisan Makes your whites whiter than white without bleaching even if they're not shitty nappies.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

I hear you, man. Sucks about your clothes. I don't know what I'd do if a roommate ruined one of my $150 pairs of Jeans or even one of my favorite $40 t-shirts. I'd be furious enough to tell him to "pay up or get out".

First ... I would love to make my mum do your laundry. She has the tendency to wash red clothes with everything that is white or can get color .. 150 $ jeans? How long would it take for an average person in HK or mainland to earn money ot buy one pair of the jeans you wear?

Second, sizes are product and culture sensitive. So 5 can be largeish medium in sport goods, or quite big in Arabic countries, even for men. As the size "medium" is quite flexible too. An European XL is a M in US .. pretty much.