ThinkSecret Pre-Expo Recap?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Doesnt ThinkSecret usually post a rumor recap (much like Macrumors) and then state the percentage of probability that a given rumor has of coming to fruition?

I would think that they would post that report sometime today, no?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Who knows. They haven't been particularly accurate recently in their pronouncements. (i.e. iPod mini update due last week.) MacRumors has posted a run down of ... rumors, so I guess that doesn't count. Perhaps TS is waiting till later today. In that case I'll just wait until tomorrow.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Yeah, who gives a crap about TS. Who wants to hear their stolen specs and plans 12 hours before soemthing happens, thats not even reporting, its just knowing someone to talk to essentially steal info from presentations right before they happen. honestly no sites are any better at mastering the art of obtaining full apple details, but at least some sites like AI actually tell you something MONTHS in advance and report from a WIDE range of contacts. all TS does is wait for their single little mole to tell them something and then they write all childish about it on their sites apple is laughing at this, these anaylsts are wrong, WE ARE RIGHT blah! well, yeah, if you wait to be the last publication to publish on something, you have a damn near better shot of combining the most accurate information to provide the most accurate details. gimmie a break, i'll wait for the real thing to happen

StiLl FRuStrATED (GIMMIE IMAC G5)
  • Reply 3 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Better order one immedately tomorrow when they go on sale or else you may not get one. Limited availability seems certain to the end of the year.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    At this point I'm gonna put the new Mac lust on hold and check it out tomorrow morning when I get to work! I like these European Expos! Now I don't have to wait until noon and refresh 3 different websites' text keynote reports. Now I'll just get to work and read all the recaps (plus all the shenanigans that'll be going on here with the "these specs suck" posts ) while sipping my morning coffee.

Good thing I have the task of ripping up all my carpet this evening to keep me busy!

See you all tomorrow!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    OrbitPink,

Since Apple Expo 2004 was all about the iMac G5, it didn't make much sense for us to do a full roundup. Think Secret published tech specifications for the new iMac models (and education-only unit) on August 13, so that story seemed to fill a recap's typical role.

You'll notice that Apple opted to release a single 20-inch iMac, rather than two, so the "top-of-the-line" 20-inch model the story refers to is the only available model. Given that the only difference between the two SKUs was the hard drive size, it's a completely understandable move.

In light of some of the discussion the specs received here two weeks ago, Apple's announcement should be offering a lot to talk about. Chief among the complaints were the graphics card and RAM specs. Some of these same concerns are resurfacing now that the iMac has been officially announced.

Thanks,

-Nick

P.S. MacsRGood4U, just as a matter of setting the record straight, Think Secret's iPod mini software update story from August 20 stressed that "it's unclear when Apple plans to post the update."
  • Reply 6 of 7
    RAM is not a problem, since it's relatively cheap to add more.

The VRAM is not much of an issue either, considering the intended market. The all-new system architecture is so much faster than a G4's that the difference from 128 to 64 VRAM is really a non-issue.

This thing will do the digital hub with the best of em'.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    UT 2004 performance on the expo was apparently very good according to those who actually got to test it out. I don't think the gpu really is much of an issue unless you're into really high end 3D.