iMac G5 speakers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, screw worring about the imacs video card. im worrid about the speakers. i really would like to know how good these speakers are on the new imac. i mean if theyre that small and are underneath the monitor how good can they be?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Did you post the same thread twice for stereo effect?

You should be more worrid (sic) about your spelling.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blascock

Hey, screw worring about the imacs video card. im worrid about the speakers. i really would like to know how good these speakers are on the new imac. i mean if theyre that small and are underneath the monitor how good can they be?

Did you really expect to have 500 watt subbies to fit in a 2-inch-thick package?

Well, I didn't.

I think that they're fine. I mean, for fuck's sake, they're INTERNAL SPEAKERS! If you want real sound, buy a set of 5.1s, and hook em to the Toslink port.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    They surely have to be better than the POS on the front of my powermac, that I paid almost twice as much for. OMG why didn't i get some bookshelfs and an 18" sub for it from Apple...those smf's!!!!!

I do hope apple comes out with a newer set of speakers for us to buy, it's been a long time since some new stuff has been done. Maybe they could hook up with monsoon and we could get some flat speakers to match the new imac.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I also hope they offer reasonable fidelity. Combined with an iSub, I was quite impressed with eMac speakers. Connecting the iSub put a high pass crossover on the eMac speakers, stopping much of the distortion and giving more power to the mids and highs.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    <----Holding out for 5.1 JBL Creatures!!!