WiFi iPod dock?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It would clean up the mess for the powerbook users

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I thought it is hub powered? A single cable (which you'd ahve to connect your iPod with anyway) hardly constitutes a mess.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    It is a mess. I have an iPod with dock and a PowerBook. Since it's a mobile system you're constantly unplugging and plugging the dock back again.

A Bluetooth or WiFi dock would be nice.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    A wireless dock would be a perfect solution for connecting an iPod to Airport Express. Maybe this could also be a soultion for video content similar to this?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    i would love to have a bluetooth dock...... also a bigger ipod 60gb or more
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Surely we already have a wireless dock - the existing dock plugged into an airport express base station! I've heard that if you plug an iod into the usb port it starts charging and reports a "do not remove" message on the screen. All apple need to do is update firmwire/software on the ipod express and itunes.

What would be really good is if you still had the option to play your ipod through an express with speakers attached.

I also want to see apple release a new sent of speakers for the digital out age!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by sanjan

It would clean up the mess for the powerbook users

Sanjan !

What a great idea !

Here is my view...

• Reply 7 of 10
    Wireless Dock? No no. too slow.

I think the next update or upgrade you will see on the dock is the mini/optical line out combo jack present on the Airport express and iMac G5.

Digital audio from Ipod to your stereo.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jamil

Wireless Dock? No no. too slow.

I think the next update or upgrade you will see on the dock is the mini/optical line out combo jack present on the Airport express and iMac G5.

Digital audio from Ipod to your stereo.

Waddayamean? This thing would only stream Music, No File transfer over Airport.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nsousansousa

Waddayamean? This thing would only stream Music, No File transfer over Airport.

You don't need the dock for that! build it into the pod itself. and you can do that today with FM trasnmitters. Don't have to even lug around the Airport Express.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Heh. This would eliminate the need for a computer to play music using Airport Express. I think Apple needs to do this before someone else does. Now that Sony is supporting MP3, things will heat up.

edit: A wireless dock makes sense as building the transmitter into the iPod will just gobble up the battery. Besides, I don't want the iPod to become larger.