"Your Little iCamera"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
During the interview with the man and woman from The Roots in the iMac G5 Video, he offhandedly mentions the "iCamera." Do you think there's any substance behind this, or was he just extrapolating the iNomenclature onto a non-apple product?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I think that he had too much of the iGanja

He was from the band the Black iPeas

\
  • Reply 2 of 17
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    When a musician does a promo spot for your new killer product, you don't stop and scold them because they messed upthe name of one of your accessories.

Since Apple only sells iSight cameras, and no 3rd party has made an iCamera (yet!), I think Apple is in a safe place on this one.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    marzetta7marzetta7 Posts: 1,323member

Correction, the name of the band is Black Eyed Peas, unless of course you were making a point with iName nomenclature.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    pookjppookjp Posts: 280member
    Quote:

Originally posted by marzetta7

Correction, the name of the band is Black Eyed Peas, unless of course you were making a point with iName nomenclature.

Yeah yeah whatever.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by PookJP

Yeah yeah whatever.

It was an iJOKE.

Actually not a bad band. They are very hot now in Europe. Apple seems to find really good music for their ads.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    His reference was to talking to people using "your little iCamera." This means the iSight.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    horrid simply horrid... i completly got turned off by the video....

cheers,

m
  • Reply 8 of 17
    It looks very fabricated. But, then again, it was.

(seems like they're reading off cards)

"Oh... Yes. The new new iMac... is even cooler.... I am so jealous of.. today's kids"
  • Reply 9 of 17
    The original version of the "imac" tune is "Let's Get Retarded in Here"

It was remixed and renamed "Let's get it started in here (Spike Mix)" and added as a bonus track.

You be the judge....

• Reply 10 of 17
    if we're on the subject of abnormalities in the imac promo, did anyone else notice in the scene where the teenager in the red hoody was inserting a cd into the imac he put it in backwards? Label facing the back, I'm pretty sure apple always made it so that the label faces forward, like the slot loading cd drives on the laptops, or how the apple logo is always facing towards you on the firewire cable for the ipod.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

if we're on the subject of abnormalities in the imac promo, did anyone else notice in the scene where the teenager in the red hoody was inserting a cd into the imac he put it in backwards? Label facing the back, I'm pretty sure apple always made it so that the label faces forward, like the slot loading cd drives on the laptops, or how the apple logo is always facing towards you on the firewire cable for the ipod.

i noticed that as well
  • Reply 12 of 17
    I just thought he was putting a label-less blank cd-r in it.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

if we're on the subject of abnormalities in the imac promo, did anyone else notice in the scene where the teenager in the red hoody was inserting a cd into the imac he put it in backwards?

I think they do that as a way of not advertising the brand of the CD. But yeah, it makes no sense to insert it backwards. The kid looks stoned, at best, so maybe he just put it backwards.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    The black eyed peas were so out of context, i am embarassed that Apple shows that in public. but, anything is better than watching Frodo have an orgasm at the speed of iPhoto 2.... awful
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Hey, the use of BEP for the promo video was fine. If anything, the promo video might be a dangerous weapon against parents' credit balances if a younger teenager gets to watch it.

I'd like to see Apple pull out all the stops for a commercial campaign though. We all know about the iPod ads, so why not an iMac ad campaign like the one for the original?

edit: 100th post! A small milestone, but one I like to cross.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    It wasn't so much the BEP that made the promo feel off, but their dialogue. Either way this won't go on the air, unless they heavily edit it. Check out the Power Mac promo video [Begins, "Today's personal computers use 32-bit technology" with bars fluctuating EQ style on the screen] and how it compares with the Power Mac commercial [Kid being thrown through his house] or erm, their lack of comparison.

I expect something different when the iMac ads go on-air.

Oh and to be a good boy and respond to the title, he was just referring to the iSight. Or thinks any camera he hooks up to an iMac automagically becomes an iCamera. Either one.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Like Apple put BT on the original PowerBook G4 intro video? Similar case... I don't see any problem with it.

The kid is weird tho.