BitTorrent client for OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
As i'm getting rid of my windows system in favour of going Mac only, i need a BitTorrent client for my Mac..

Anyone got any reccomendations?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    The official BitTorrent downloads page is here, and has a Mac OS X client.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    i use the official bittorent client, from bitconjurer, but i'm sure there are some on versiontracker.com
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I've found Azureus to be quite useful in actually serving a client and tracker for the BF1942 mods and such that I host. It can also be found on VersionTracker.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
  • Reply 5 of 12
    I actually tried Tomato before I tried Azureus. Azureus seemed to be the better choice for what I needed.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I would also use Azureus. I currently use it on Windows and as it's written in Java, it should work perfectly on Mac, too.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Thanks for the replies folks

Currently using Azureus and it seems to suit my needs well enough
  • Reply 8 of 12
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Now what system are you using again? I also used Azureus for about 2 days and got 4 Kernel panics. I don't dare leave it on for long periods of time. I'd like that program too except for the crashing.

Instead, I use the original Bittorrent, although I get faster downloads from Tomato Torrent but I think it screwed up a few downloads switching between the two.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I've had it running for weeks at a time on an XServe Dual 1.33 GHz running OS X Server 10.3.5 seeding Mods...

Didn't have any such problems with it...
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I've got a 15" PowerBook running Panther 10.3.5

No problems with the program so far.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Tomato worked great on my old imac, but when resuming stuff on my 1.5 pbook it locks it up hard, so Az is what I use now.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Now what system are you using again? I also used Azureus for about 2 days and got 4 Kernel panics. I don't dare leave it on for long periods of time. I'd like that program too except for the crashing.

There's a known issue with dual processor machines and kernel panics. It's unresolved as yet, although they were reporting that there's a possible fix in CVS.

-S