Apple post video stream of Apple Expo Paris 2004 keynote

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Living in Europe and therefore at work during the keynote.

As soon as someone finds keynote video posted anywhere on the web, please let me know.

Thanks.

--J

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    THE WEBCAST HAS JUST BEEN POSTED ON THE APPLE FRONTPAGE

YES!

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/
  • Reply 2 of 19
    I miss Steve...
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

I miss Steve...

Why is it always such a crappy stream???
  • Reply 4 of 19
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    Apple has now posted its delayed stream of Phil Schiller's Apple Expo keynote, which took place earlier this morning and saw the introduction of the new G5-based iMac.

Watch the Apple Expo Paris Keynote
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Living in Europe and therefore at work during the keynote.

As soon as someone finds keynote video posted anywhere on the web, please let me know.

Thanks.

--J

here is a link to for g5 vids. Mac Observer- iMac Vids

and here is a link to the full stream

Apple Keynote Paris
  • Reply 6 of 19
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Thanks a load! Am gonna get high & see it.

God the thing's drab.

--J
  • Reply 7 of 19
    mok95mok95 Posts: 2member
    Is it possible to get the .mov file and then watch it from the HD? I am struggling with my company's firewall..

Cheers
  • Reply 8 of 19
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    While the stream sorta worked earlier today, now its not working for me at all. After the first round of "Waiting for media..." I get a "400: Bad Request" after it "Switch[es] transport". Anyone else having the same problem when trying to view the vid?

Earlier today after the stream was first posted I had different problems. It would play but it would cut out. The buffer would run out, stall, and then rebuffer for a few seconds before stalling again. I hope they took it down to fix this issue.

I stayed up late reading the keynote reports and now I want to see how Phil does putting on a keynote of his own.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Also the Promo Video has been put on the apple Site, Very High Quality and Worth a Download

http://www.apple.com/imac/video/

Check It Out
  • Reply 10 of 19
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gunnerycox

Also the Promo Video has been put on the apple Site, Very High Quality and Worth a Download

http://www.apple.com/imac/video/

Check It Out

Why isn't it possible to download a copy to your hard drive to watch at your leisure? Has anyone been able to make a copy available for permanent download?
  • Reply 11 of 19
    You can save the promo video, but the keynote stream is streaming only.

And its still broken I might add, at least for me.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Still broken...
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Worst stream I have ever seen from an Apple Event.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by glen

Why isn't it possible to download a copy to your hard drive to watch at your leisure? Has anyone been able to make a copy available for permanent download?

You can do it. Suppose you visit the large format page from Safari. The movie will be downloaded in the /tmp directory.

More precisely, all you have to do is the following: you launch Terminal, then you go to /tmp/501/TemporaryItems if you are the only one user on the machine (otherwise you have to replace the 501 number with your actual UID number, which will be something like 502, 503, etc.; simply run from the Terminal the id utility to see what gives: id <your login name>). The TemporaryItems directory contains the movie as a QuickTime plug-in (QTPluginTemp91873010 was for me). When the download is finished (either check your browser window or do repeatedly ls -la in the terminal to see if the plugi-in file changes in size), you can copy this to, e.g., your desktop. For example:

cp /tmp/501/TemporaryItems/QTPluginTemp91873010 ~/Desktop/iMacG5.mov

If you close the Safari window from which you downloaded the movie, the temporary file will automatically deleted.

That's all. You have now your iMacG5.mov file .
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Oh, by the way, our belgian fellows that assisted the iMac introduction, posted some pictures from the Expo. Nothing new, but they are the best looking photos, for the illumination conditions, I have seen from this Expo.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    glenglen Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

You can do it. Suppose you visit the large format page from Safari. The movie will be downloaded in the /tmp directory.

More precisely, all you have to do is the following: you launch Terminal, then you go to /tmp/501/TemporaryItems if you are the only one user on the machine (otherwise you have to replace the 501 number with your actual UID number, which will be something like 502, 503, etc.; simply run from the Terminal the id utility to see what gives: id <your login name>). The TemporaryItems directory contains the movie as a QuickTime plug-in (QTPluginTemp91873010 was for me). When the download is finished (either check your browser window or do repeatedly ls -la in the terminal to see if the plugi-in file changes in size), you can copy this to, e.g., your desktop. For example:

cp /tmp/501/TemporaryItems/QTPluginTemp91873010 ~/Desktop/iMacG5.mov

If you close the Safari window from which you downloaded the movie, the temporary file will automatically deleted.

That's all. You have now your iMacG5.mov file .

Thanks PB - that worked perfectly. Now I can watch it at my heart's content - and keep it for posterity. GREAT!
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by glen

Thanks PB - that worked perfectly. Now I can watch it at my heart's content - and keep it for posterity. GREAT!

Glad it worked. Now, I suppose you have already Xinema to enjoy it full screen .
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Glad it worked. Now, I suppose you have already Xinema to enjoy it full screen .

Well, no I didn't - I've been using the latest version of RealPlayer which allows fullscreen playback of .mov files - but now I have! Great little plug-in!
  • Reply 19 of 19
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Oh, by the way, our belgian fellows that assisted the iMac introduction, posted some pictures from the Expo. Nothing new, but they are the best looking photos, for the illumination conditions, I have seen from this Expo.

Thanks PB. That is the first time I have noticed that the keyboard also includes some aluminum touches. Looks great.