Where is the new iMac TV ad?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple ussually gives a sneak peak of ads at their expo, but nary a mention of the iMac ad. Are they waiting for supplies to get ramped up first?

Dont tell me they wont advertise it...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Apple is going to use "word of mouth" to advertise the new iMac rather then run TV ads.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Apple is going to use "word of mouth" to advertise the new iMac rather then run TV ads.

maybe the shaddow people can stop danceing and browse some P0RN!!!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

...... Are they waiting for supplies to get ramped up first?

That's exactly what I think. Why get the general public excited about a new computer and have them go to there local Apple Store to be told that they have to wait a month? "Oh, ok... I guess I'll buy that Dell that my sister's boyfriend said was way better than those fisher-price multi-colored Mac things." OK, worst case scenario, I know. But I do think it's because they want people to be able to see the commercial and go pick one up.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I don't recall very many hardware ads.

The last was the dude making faces at the iMac in the display window.

And there's also the various gumdrop ads + the G4 tank ad...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Yeah, I only saw the G5 ad on TV once. (The one with the guy who's been blown out of his house by the G5)
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Apple will advertise it on tv once they start to ship or become more easily available.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I forgot the G5 ad. That's really not particularly surprising either. I remember the G4 tanks ad because it was somewhat original and actually advertising an idiosyncratic characteristic of the hardware, that it was classified by the government as a supercomputer.

The G5 on the other hand is so cliche it hurts. OMG IT BLOW'D ME AWAY!!111
  • Reply 8 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

Yeah, I only saw the G5 ad on TV once. (The one with the guy who's been blown out of his house by the G5)

When the ad came out, I remember seeing it all over the place. Lots o' play on MTV and the like.

I bet a new iMac ad ("From the creators of iPod... Where'd the computer go?") will come out once the machines are shipping in quantity. Wherever you see iPod adds now you'll see iMac adds.