Mac's in Movies

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok this was posted on Macwords forums but its a cool topic

All you have to do is post when you see a mac on tv or im the movies

I'll start of with Independence Day where a Powerbook was featured

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    I remember some commercial for a stock trading company featured a man sitting on a couch with an iBook.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    I remembered another lol in School of Rock theres quite a few iMac G4's and a Powerbook
  • Reply 3 of 25
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    almost any movie in the last two years featuring a "hacker" has mac-like co mputers and osx-like interfaces
  • Reply 4 of 25
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

almost any movie in the last two years featuring a "hacker" has mac-like co mputers and osx-like interfaces

I can't think of many movies involving hackers...

But when Jon Stewart demo's the MoveOn homepage, he's clearly using Safari, if that counts for anything.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Every episode of Sex and the City, when ever SJP sits down to write her column. "If Men are really like computers... then are they just as easy to uninstall?"

iDunno.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    "Runaway Jury", where the iPod was practically a character.

and Dodgeball
  • Reply 7 of 25
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    There was a second gen iPod in Timeline with a nifty armband that I wanted and could never find.

Stargate SG1 used to use my Pismo with the apple logo covered, but now they have a contract with Dell. (Boooo!)

What lies beneath has one of the fastest booting macs in the world.

I can think of another instance in a movie, but not the name.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

Every episode of Sex and the City, when ever SJP sits down to write her column. "If Men are really like computers... then are they just as easy to uninstall?"

iDunno.

Also the Aopranos, AJ uses a PM beige G3 in season 1-2 and an Apple laptop in 3+ and Metto has always used Macs too.

Also the simpsons, when Homer bought a computer and made a web page (a parroty of drudge) He did it on what was clearly closer to mac than any windows platform.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    What Women Want features some PowerBook G3's and 40 Days and 40 Nights does as well.

There's a Tangerine iBook in Legally Blonde and there may be another clamshell for a brief appearance in the beginning of the Princess Diaries, but I could be thinking of another chick-flick I've been made to watch, like She's All That. It's just a brief bit with some random one-shot character who's a writer, whichever movie it's in.

The kid in Orange County is writing on an older desktop Mac, and the university he's trying to get into has some iMacs in the office they visit.

Jim's computer in American Pie was some kind of beige Mac and there was an iMac in his dorm room in American Pie 2.

Mission Impossible featured Macs.

*edit* How could I forget the classic Mac in Star Trek IV!?!?!? "Hello Computer?"
  • Reply 10 of 25
    In this movie Agent Cody Banks had a 2nd gen ipod. And this lady was using an iMac in a commercial called eyeQ.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    This thread is making me face the sad reality of just how many chick-flicks I've seen. The computer in Coyote Ugly was a blueberry iBook.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Independence Day.

Goldblum's Powerbook saves the World.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Lets see, the new show on HBO "Entourage" has nothing but Macs. "Real Women Have Curves", "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" had Macs. There are a lot, but those are the ones that come to my mind first.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    The entire 'realtime' series 24 is famous for their use of Macs as a plot clue...

< * SPOILER WARNING * >

"Good Guys" use Macs... "Bad Guys" use PCs.

If you see a "Good Guy" with a PC, he'll turn out to be the double agent.

Seriously...
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Don't forget about Seinfeld

_thedustin
  • Reply 16 of 25
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    The cancelled TV show Wonderfalls used a tangerine iBook.

Oh yes! I remember. Dark Angel used macs too. I think that is what I was thinking about above.

• Reply 17 of 25
    I haven't seen it so I don't know how far along it goes, but I have to assume that the Pirates of Silicon Valley has some Macs in it.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    For those with kids -- if you watch Ready Set Learn weekday mornings on TLC you'll see that Paz (the Penguin in the shorts between each show) has an iMac in the background.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    The Girl Next Door (2004).. which I can see an old graphite PowerMac G4 (either a Yikes or Sawtooth) as the so-called Final Cut Pro system.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    The movie with Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore, it might just be called, "Apartment" but it's the one with those two who buy a place with an old lady living above them and how she drives them crazy. Anyway, Stiller writes on one of the black plastic powerbooks(don't know which one-but it does bite the dust by being run over) Drew has a more up to date aluminum/titanium powerbook. And i think Ben ends up with a newer one, can't remember.