Graphics on Powerbook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am working on my degree and I need to run Adobe CS, all of the applications that comes with that. I currently have a toshiba laptop and love it. Due to graphics, I am going to have to get an apple. I swore to myself that I will never own another desktop again after having a laptop. I was looking at the Powerbook with the 12 inch screen, due to price and easy to carry. I was wondering if any of you people out there have run some of these applications on the Powerbook and if so, are they stock or more ram? I am very very familar with the PC world but I am new to the mac world. FILL ME IN!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Actually, what is your question? Beside RAM, which you should get as much as you could afford.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    no, can a powerbook run the adobe creative suite? and if so how much ram can i get by with?? also where should i get one?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Can we get a Merge? Amen.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I think the 12 inch PB is too small. Get either the 15 or 17 inch PB. I run Adobe CS on my 15 in PB but I am not an intensive user. I make relatively simple documents. Lots of text and graphics but not professional level.

I purchased the Aluminum 15 inch PB with the memory in one slot so that I could double up to 1GB by adding one more memory module.

For my needs it works great.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by bacho

no, can a powerbook run the adobe creative suite? and if so how much ram can i get by with?? also where should i get one?

yes the powerbook runs the ACS pretty good.

100MB+ files even with 30 and more layers are no timewasters at all.

Memory is the key here.