Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ordered a 17" 1.8 the day after they were anounced.

Specified Bluetooth option with BT keyboard and mouse cos it works out quite cheap.

Delivery says 3-4 weeks.

Who'll get the first one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 130
    I'll be ordering mine in about 2 weeks when ive got cash from my imac.

ill be getting the 1.6

Cant wait it will be a massive speed bump from a 600mhz G3 lol
  • Reply 2 of 130
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    ordered it also the day it was announced. It's expected to be shipped before the end of september.

It's a 20 incher with the wireless keyboard and mouse, airport express and one GB or RAM.
  • Reply 3 of 130
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    20"

ordered it the day after the phillnote.
  • Reply 4 of 130
    haven't gotten one yet, looking at the 1.6 though, weeeee, should be a big step up
  • Reply 5 of 130
    Just ordered the 1.8GHz 17" through the apple store with full airport and bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Gonna buy more RAM elsewhere cus apples prices are laughable. Got a ship date of October 1st. Might book that day off work????
  • Reply 6 of 130
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I ordered the 20" two days after they were announced (BTO with the wireless keyboard and mouse). It's not for me though. It is a wedding present for my sister.
  • Reply 7 of 130
    Going to order the 17'' 1.8 sometime this week.
  • Reply 8 of 130
    I'm thinking of getting a 1.6 17", if I can. On a student budget and missus wil take some persuading. Was just gonna get an eMac, but for £350 extra i could have a G5 that's twice as fast with a better vid card.....we shall see what she who must be obeyed says......
  • Reply 9 of 130
    My mom has a 17" 1.6 GHz model on order; she ordered on the day of the keynote. I don't have an exact ship date but she got the stock "3-4 weeks" quote on checkout, so I'll say late September.

Me? I just got a 12" PowerBook, so I don't have much reason to get an iMac right now.
  • Reply 10 of 130
    Ordered 20" 1.8 with 512Kb (more later) 250Gb HDD, BT Keyboard/mouse, Airport Express, Airport Extreme, isight,

Estimated ship date: 9/29. Can't wait as this is replacing 10 year old IBM thinkpad. I've needed to upgrade for a long time. I really want a G5 laptop but will wait to upgrade till a rev B shows they have all the heat issues handled. I think this IMAC is a great design, made better by the servicability/upgrade potential. Here is hoping that apple plans for users to upgrade as new mobo's come available. This is absolutely good planning when your talking about the substantial cost of a 20" lcd.

buzz
  • Reply 11 of 130
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    512 kilobytes of ram...... if 32k was enough to go to the moon then shurely 512k is enough for us!

ordered the 17" 1.6 512MB w/ bluetooth keyboard and module, airport extreme card, airport express, iSight, apple care and the mini vga to composit adapter cable.

big step up from my current 450MHz crt iMac which it will replace...

the crt iMac will then be for client internet purposes in the studio.
  • Reply 12 of 130
    Me - 17", 1.8 GHz, 1GB RAM, BT Keyboard/Mouse, 250 GB HD

I feel like an excited kid! I've been reading 'Future Hardware' for about a year now and this is my first 'Apple' since an Apple IIe.

Being an Aussie, who knows when I'll get it.

I work in technology (not Apple) and have always had a laptop but this is my first 'desktop' in a long time.

It was such an easy 'sell' to my wife - no big box and no cables (yes, I know power and LAN - let's just not tell my wife!)

Very, very excited!!
  • Reply 13 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by aussieken

Me - 17", 1.8 GHz, 1GB RAM, BT Keyboard/Mouse, 250 GB HD

I feel like an excited kid! I've been reading 'Future Hardware' for about a year now and this is my first 'Apple' since an Apple IIe.

Being an Aussie, who knows when I'll get it.

I work in technology (not Apple) and have always had a laptop but this is my first 'desktop' in a long time.

It was such an easy 'sell' to my wife - no big box and no cables (yes, I know power and LAN - let's just not tell my wife!)

Very, very excited!!

Go Wireless and you don't need network cables
  • Reply 14 of 130
    Ordered the 20" with Bluetooth and Airport Extreme. I then got a 1GB RAM module for $200 from memorytog.com - I ordered it the day of the keynote.

Shipping estimate says, "on or before September 29th"

One interesting thing: I called the local store here in Emeryville, CA and asked when they will be getting in iMacs, and the lady said September 12th for floor models and models to buy. We'll see....
  • Reply 15 of 130
    Ordered mine the day they were announced and got the same ole 3-4 weeks with an estimated ship date of 10/1 so time will only tell.

What I ordered:

20"

BT with KB and Mouse

aIrport extreme

160 HD

This is replacing a dell that died this summer and continues my full switch after leaving behind ibm laptops after mine died 3 times in less than 18 months of receiving it.
  • Reply 16 of 130
    sluslu Posts: 23member
    Me - 17" 1.8

512MB RAM (Upgrade Later, where is the best place to get RAM?)

160 GB HDD

Airport Extreme

Ordered it the morning of the keynote. Ship Date is quoted as "on or before Sept 29th".

I am starting to think I made a huge mistake by not getting bluetooth if I cannot install internal bluetooth later. Did I cheap out on the wrong thing?

This is my first ever Mac and I can't wait. Already got the iPod I ordered at the same time and even though I'll have to reformat it when I get the iMac, I have been loving it....even with Windows.
  • Reply 17 of 130
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slu

Me - 17" 1.8

512MB RAM (Upgrade Later, where is the best place to get RAM?)

160 GB HDD

Airport Extreme

Ordered it the morning of the keynote. Ship Date is quoted as "on or before Sept 29th".

I am starting to think I made a huge mistake by not getting bluetooth if I cannot install internal bluetooth later. Did I cheap out on the wrong thing?

This is my first ever Mac and I can't wait. Already got the iPod I ordered at the same time and even though I'll have to reformat it when I get the iMac, I have been loving it....even with Windows.

should have gone for the bluetooth!
  • Reply 18 of 130
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Slu.

You can add BT later, just not inside of the iMac. I didn't get it either. Rather spend money on RAM.

Go here to shop for RAM pricing. I am waiting to see if it is better to get 2 sticks of the same size (512) or just one 1 gig stick. If it doesn't matter, I will get the 1 gig stick and keep the 256 stick that comes with the iMac.
  • Reply 19 of 130
    sluslu Posts: 23member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

Slu.

You can add BT later, just not inside of the iMac. I didn't get it either. Rather spend money on RAM.

Go here to shop for RAM pricing. I am waiting to see if it is better to get 2 sticks of the same size (512) or just one 1 gig stick. If it doesn't matter, I will get the 1 gig stick and keep the 256 stick that comes with the iMac.

Thanks for the link. I suppose I was like you; I wanted to spend the money upgrading RAM to 512 BTO over Bluetooth. Oh well, I will be going wireless with external bluetooth soon enough! As soon as I get the thing, I am going to get more RAM, but I am also waiting to find out if it is better to go with two of the same size as well. I got one 512 stick from apple and will add another if it is better to go with pairs, if not I may do as you suggest and get a 1 gig stick and put it in the empty slot and keep the other one in there.
  • Reply 20 of 130
    I made a change to my order after it was already placed, so if you are really wanting BT internal you may want to give them a call and see if you can add it and what it would do to your order.

By buying the bundle, it was a prety good deal.