Anyone has tried it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by zon7

www.skype.com

Just appeared

Anyone has tried it?

Yes, it's cool...but someone tell me if iSight's mic works well with Skype.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    thread here on this...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

thread here on this...

But this thread is now officially bigger. So someone tell me...Skype and iSight...do they mix? Does the iSight mic work well with Skype?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    I am travelling and won't be able to test this until this weekend, but iSight's mic should not be an issue. You can configure the system audio input to come from iSight. It is transparent to the application.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Anyone had any luck with it? It's not working for me. I click on the download button and it seriously does nothing.

iDunno.

EDIT: Don't worry... figured it out.

• Reply 6 of 12
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Holy Shit Balls!!!!! I love Skype!!!!!

Just installed it and haven't stopped calling people.

iDunno

(if anyone wants my contact name for Skype PM me - We could get a little AI-Skype ring going lmao)
  • Reply 7 of 12
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

Holy Shit Balls!!!!! I love Skype!!!!!

Just installed it and haven't stopped calling people.

iDunno

(if anyone wants my contact name for Skype PM me - We could get a little AI-Skype ring going lmao)

Is it a memory/CPU/bandwidth intensive application (particualry on Windows) and will it work over a dialup connection?

(I'm on Mac over cable but my girlfriend is in Thailand on a PC on a dialup.)

I'd sure love to stop buying calling cards (Thankfully only a month or so more of this, I'm moving there)
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Is it a memory/CPU/bandwidth intensive application (particualry on Windows) and will it work over a dialup connection?

(I'm on Mac over cable but my girlfriend is in Thailand on a PC on a dialup.)

I'd sure love to stop buying calling cards (Thankfully only a month or so more of this, I'm moving there)

Dunno, Dunno, Dunno... to all of the first paragraph.

iDunno
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Tried v0804 last night with 2 pc peeps, it worked quite well.. one of the pc users was able to set up a conference call between us all (not supported yet in mac beta so far it seems) and that worked pretty good too.. all over 512/128 broadband at least..
  • Reply 10 of 12
    It works like a charm. Bandwith usage is not too bad either. It uses more bandwidth than Yahoo for PC-PC but then the audio is better. The phone line calling feature is very good.

Edit: I can't make calls to area code 631 in the USA for some reason. It is still beta though.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    I wish apple could add those features in ichat...
  • Reply 12 of 12
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    If anyone is on Skype this Thursday, Sept. 9th, my city is rolling out free wireless and I'll be there to see how the bandwidth really works out.

Linky

I'll try out Skype, but I'll also be on iChat with my iSight.

This will be interesting and I hope that my boss won't mind that I take a long lunch that day since it's happening at 12:30PM.