Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 130
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    The bundle is a really good deal. However, I don't use a one button mouse so really I would be getting BT and a BT keyboard for $99. Still a good deal but would be even better if the mouse had a scroll wheel and a second button.
  • Reply 22 of 130
    Well- I'm about to get in line as soon as I sell my 15" powerbook on eBay...

If I get over $1800 for the powerbook I'll be getting the 20" if not a maxed out 17"...

I can't wait- the iMac with my eyeTV is going to kick total @$$! Plus I just got a mini and I'm lovin' it!

I LOVE APPLE!!!!!!
  • Reply 23 of 130
    Bought the 17" 1.6 GHz with Airport and BT mouse/ keyboard for my parents. The BlueTooth combo is the way to go; Apple should have offered it on the G4 iMac a long time ago. It will be a welcome replacement for the aging Gateway POS they currently endure. I'm itching to see their expression when a mess of tangled cords and wires becomes additional legroom. Like flying first class.
  • Reply 24 of 130
    ordered a 20" for work. Spending other people's money-fantastic!
  • Reply 25 of 130
    Here is a question for you all: I just bought a 17" powerbook direct from Apple. It shipped from Shanghai, China 6 days ago and has been sitting in Anchorage, Alaska for the past 4. I put a call in Fedex about this as I ordered two day air and apparently its sitting in Alaska awaiting customs clearence.

So is this a portent of things to come? I haven't ordered direct from Apple in a while but I remember reading somewhere that they build all their computers outside of the US now. So are we going to wait two weeks or so in shipping limbo? This seems a little weird. How long does something like this take to clear customs? I imagine this same thing will happen when the iMacs ship out... I guess this is one indication that you're wasting your money paying for expedited shipping on computers. I mentioned what's the point of ordering two day air to the fedex person and apparently that all goes out the window with international orders.
  • Reply 26 of 130
    I ordered a 20" iMac with 1GB memory, bluetooth (incl keyboard and mouse) and airport extreme as well as an airport express and applecare. The applecare has arrived - now the fun waiting begins!
  • Reply 27 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Well- I'm about to get in line as soon as I sell my 15" powerbook on eBay...

If I get over $1800 for the powerbook I'll be getting the 20" if not a maxed out 17"...

I can't wait- the iMac with my eyeTV is going to kick total @$$! Plus I just got a mini and I'm lovin' it!

I LOVE APPLE!!!!!!

Well- its on eBay now...

15" 1.25GHz PowerBook G4

Sorry guys- I had to post it!
  • Reply 28 of 130
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    All you people ordering new iMacs make me sick....with envy.

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase, they are exquisitely designed and powerful.
  • Reply 29 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by mortigi tempo

ordered a 20" for work. Spending other people's money-fantastic!

way to be bro, way to be.
  • Reply 30 of 130
    Ordered the 20" the day it was announced - it's going to replace a Dull 450 that came home from work when IT was replaced. Loaded it up, except for memory, and will order a gig stick when I get the e-mail from Apple saying they have shipped.
  • Reply 31 of 130
    i'm holding out for the 42" iMac G5 Home Theatre.

arondale
  • Reply 32 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

Ordered a 17" 1.8 the day after they were anounced.

Specified Bluetooth option with BT keyboard and mouse cos it works out quite cheap.

Delivery says 3-4 weeks.

Who'll get the first one?

In about a month, I'll be ordering a 20" model with a 1GB stick of RAM, leaving one empty slot for future RAM expansion. If it turns out that there is a significant advantage to have RAM sticks in matching pairs, I'll get another 1GB stick as soon as I have the cash for it, but I'll wait to hear what users have to say about it. I'm going for the stock HD. (160GB is good for the time being. Nice to have some upgradeability!) BT module and Airport Extreme card options, too. (Already own the Keyboard and Mouse.)

I'm working on a solution for my fears of finding my iMac on it's head upon arriving home from work. My cat can get a little excited at times, and that small aluminum foot gives me some trepidation. I'm thinking about fixing a leather strap to the desk that the foot will slide under, to hold it down, just for security. Probably not the most attractive solution, but I'd have to have my cat put down, if he hurt my new iMac. (just kidding) Anybody else thinking about such a measure to protect against tippage? Let's hear about your ideas!

Ciao!
  • Reply 33 of 130
    If you can bring yourself to do it...

drill a small hole through the base of the stand, and your desk, and put a bolt through it.
  • Reply 34 of 130
    Well- I sold my PBook and ordered the iMac this morning...

17"

airport

bluetooth

video adapter

Knights of the Old Republic

Now for the wait...urg.
  • Reply 35 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Well- I sold my PBook and ordered the iMac this morning...

17"

airport

bluetooth

video adapter

Knights of the Old Republic

Now for the wait...urg.

congratulations tj! I am taking bids on my eMac now and its up to 850$ canadian , so i should not be far behind! Im getting the 17" with bluethooth but cant decide whther to go with the superdrive or not. i dont think i will use it for burning dvd's but it would be nice in case i get a dv cam in the future, and help with resale when the imac g6 comes out!

no one i have talked to here in calgary, canada has any firm dates on an imac for display purposes/resale or otherwise ;( would love to see one up close.

congrats to all future imac'ers!

ps, if anyone is interested in my eMac send me a private message. calgary residents come on by for a test drive (1GHz G4, 1GB RAM, 60GB HD, tilt & swivel stand, im keeping the AExt card and my AExpress for new iMac tho!)
  • Reply 36 of 130
    I ordered the 20" iMac (256MB/250GB/BT Combo/AE) on 9/1 and it is slated to ship "on or before 10/01/04". I am also working on ordering more ram, right now I can't decide whether or not to order a 1GB stick or two matched 512s.

I'm leaning toward 2 matching 512s.

I am so excited, I have a feeling this is going to blow the doors off of my iBook G3/800.
  • Reply 37 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Finrock

I ordered the 20" iMac (256MB/250GB/BT Combo/AE) on 9/1 and it is slated to ship "on or before 10/01/04". I am also working on ordering more ram, right now I can't decide whether or not to order a 1GB stick or two matched 512s.

I'm leaning toward 2 matching 512s.

I am so excited, I have a feeling this is going to blow the doors off of my iBook G3/800.

I've got a fever...and the only prescription is more power!

You will definitely notice an increase in performance.
  • Reply 38 of 130
    I ordered mine on the 3rd (1.8G5/1GB Ram/160Gb Drive/Airport/Bluetooth KB+Mouse)

Estimated Shipping Date = On or before 15/10/2004
  • Reply 39 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by bpmendoza

I ordered a 20" iMac with 1GB memory, bluetooth (incl keyboard and mouse) and airport extreme as well as an airport express and applecare. The applecare has arrived - now the fun waiting begins!

Fellow canadian Mendoza, whats your ship date?

wondering how the Canadian ship-dates are comparing to US. I am showing my eMac tomorrow night and as soon as the sale goes through, im ordering away... getting excited. thank god for work or i would just sit around and pine for this machine
  • Reply 40 of 130
    My ship date still shows 9-29-04 - i'm hoping it doesn't change!