Has iTMS not updated for this week?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Or am I the only one missing something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Nope it looks like iTMS (or at least to UK one as far as I know) has not updated? Some free song, celeb playlists. They dont need to be slowing down the updates as theres still so much missing from the euro store.

Macrumors etc have been slow too, is it somekind of national holiday in the US or something?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    It's the hangover from the American Labor Day holiday (which was yesterday). Labor Day weekend is the unofficial end of summer here, so people need time to recover from this last hurrah of the season.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

It's the hangover from the American Labor Day holiday (which was yesterday). Labor Day weekend is the unofficial end of summer here, so people need time to recover from this last hurrah of the season.

I knew it!

Same thing happens on thanks giving I think? when ever that is!?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear there's nothing wrong with my iTunes.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

But it's now a day later and still no update. Perhaps they skipped this week all together.

The UK site seems to be updated now, two free songs thigs week.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Yeah, the US store is now updated as well.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tadunne

The UK site seems to be updated now, two free songs thigs week.

I actually see three...

Single of the Week: Come Around - Marc Broussard

Discovery Download: The Closest Thing to Crazy - Katie Melua

Album Sampler: Around The Sun - REM

The Discovery Download is not there and the Album Sampler is bits of songs from the album.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Well at least this delay has proven one thing. That the Euro store is updated by people in the US and not the UK. Poor buggers having to get up in the middle of the night to update the store for Europe!
  • Reply 9 of 16
    PS: Thanksgiving is in late November. But it's always on a Thursday, so it shouldn't be a big problem for y'all.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

PS: Thanksgiving is in late November. But it's always on a Thursday, so it shouldn't be a big problem for y'all.

What is thanksgiving all about?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Thanksgiving is a (now) secular holiday celebrating the fall harvest.

The story goes that way back in the late 17th century, the local natives in New England shared their harvest with the near-starving Pilgrim settlers, a way to help them ("Thanks for giving!") and serve as a sign of friendship between them. Naturally, that's really a myth, but that's what little kids are told to keep things simple.

More generally, it serves as a holiday to appreciate the people and things that have helped you. People mainly celebrate the holiday with a big traditional turkey dinner with the whole family, plus corn, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie, mmmmmmm.....

some links:

http://www.twilightbridge.com/hobbie...ng/history.htm

http://www.genealogyforum.rootsweb.c...ving/Myths.htm
  • Reply 12 of 16
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tadunne

What is thanksgiving all about?

Food and (American) Football.

All that family, and God, and thanks and stuff comes second to that
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Can I give thanksgiving to apple for my mac
  • Reply 14 of 16
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

I really think Thanksgiving and Christmas are the most dear holidays to my heart because it's all about family.

The last time I watched a football game on thanksgiving was well... never. In my life.

But food, yeah. And leftover turkey sandwiches for a week.

I could just taste that lovely turkey smothered in gravy (basically the turkey's own juices mixed with flour and spices) and cranberry sauce. Gotta have that cranberry sauce.

Yum.

And pumpkin pie made with plenty of cinnamon.

Sounds 'okay' but I liked my families 'Italian-American' version...

Here is a snippet from a great story that sums it up quite nicely:

Quote:

When it came to food, it always amazed me that my American friends or classmates only ate turkey on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Or rather, that they only ate turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Now we Italians ? we also had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce, but ? only after we had finished the antipasto, soup, lasagna, meatballs, salad and whatever else Grandma thought might be appropriate for that particular holiday. This turkey was usually accompanied by a roast of some kind (just in case somebody walked in who didn't like turkey) and was followed by an assortment of fruits, nuts, pastries, cakes and, of course, homemade cookies. No holiday was complete without some home baking, none of that store-bought stuff for us. This is where you learned to eat a seven-course meal between Noon and 4:00 p.m, how to handle hot chestnuts and put peach wedges in red wine.

Link to the full text for my fellow Italian-American or American-Italian friends: http://www.italiamerica.org/id38.htm

Dave