Nokia 7280 to support Mac

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Product page:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,62356,00.html

Specifications:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,62371,00.html

"Nokia Collector supports synchronization with Apple for photos, audio files, and video clips"

Interesting... especially when navigation is done with a click wheel look-a-like!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    i want it for this feature.....

Quote:

Unique Design Exuding Mystery

Answer and end calls in true style with the active slide

Smoothly slides open to reveal the cunningly hidden camera and breathtaking mirror-finish display

Unique red glow display screen exudes mystery and excitement

Complete your look with the stylish protective carrying bags and straps

i'm desparate to exude some mystery.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i'm desparate to exude some mystery.

Yeah, Nokia's advertising agency have had a field day when coming up with the most extravagant reasons why anyone would crave for the phone. But for me the mystery is how to type a text message when there's no keys for that, other than the scroll wheel. Maybe you just whisper your message and the phone converts it to text if you sound passionate enough...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    i just saw it's not going to be a north american phone.....instead of exuding mystery nokia is exuding me from mystery......
  • Reply 4 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    How do I fucking dial? That's the mystery. I see the 7270 is the first Nokia in years to have a sane keypad, but it also seems to be marketed as a "chick phone." WHY?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

How do I fucking dial? That's the mystery. I see the 7270 is the first Nokia in years to have a sane keypad, but it also seems to be marketed as a "chick phone." WHY?

Simple: Nokia hates men. And sales apparently.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Nokia really peeves me off. It seems like the US gets shafted with left over phones that other countries had two years ago. Why doesn't the US EVER get any of their new stuff?!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by wolfeye155

Nokia really peeves me off. It seems like the US gets shafted with left over phones that other countries had two years ago. Why doesn't the US EVER get any of their new stuff?!

That's what I'm wondering as well, after all USA is Nokia's biggest or second biggest market (after China). One reason might be that Nokia has to focus on two different standards, CDMA and GSM (US GSM has partly different frequencies compared to European GSM networks), whereas in Europe and Asia majority of networks use GSM (excluding South Korea and Japan). They should introduce these new phones also to gadget freaks who don't want a mirror for checking up make-up, or at least make changeable covers so that these "mystery" phones can be converted into something less feminine.

Apparently this new phone has speech recognition and you simply dial by speaking. Or then that click wheel look-a-like can be used for typing in data - slowly, I'd guess.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    According to user reports after a demonstration at a department store in Helsinki, the 'wheel' is surprisingly easy to use. You basically scroll a list of numbers/text and choose the ones accordingly. IMO, it has to have some usage-aiding function though because otherwise it would be painfully slow to write sms messages, for example.

And about the design, Nokia has the ability to provide phones for a variety of target markets. More so than other phone manufacturers. If the 7280 looks butt-ugly to you, then maybe it wasn't designed for someone like you in the first place. They have plenty of other models to choose from which may suit your tastes better

.h