AppleInsider causing Safari glitch...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've tested this with a few other sites to be sure. When at AppleInsider my pointer disappears when I go to the Menu Bar bookmarks and icons. I'm not computer savvy enough to venture a guess but it may be the advertisment causing the glitch...

... then again I may be getting old and senile.

Anyone else have this problem?

P.S.It doesn't happen on every page...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    Quote:

Originally posted by elppa cam

I've tested this with a few other sites to be sure. When at AppleInsider my pointer disappears when I go to the Menu Bar bookmarks and icons. I'm not computer savvy enough to venture a guess but it may be the advertisment causing the glitch...

Yes, I've had it happen several times over the last year. Its also happened to me in forums other thai AI. Strange that it only happens in forums.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Could it be a Flash-based ad? I haven't noticed any problems lately in Safari, but I run with plug-ins disabled. I've noticed that webpages with Flash suck down processor cycles like no one's business in OSX. Flash and a large block of animated Gif's seem to do this. Wish there was a fix for this...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

I can't reproduce the ... glitch. Would you please provide more info about

your system which is actually in use?

Which MacOS, which Safari?

best
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

I can't reproduce the ... glitch. Would you please provide more info about

your system which is actually in use?

Which MacOS, which Safari?

best

Safari--1.2.3 (v125.9)

OS X--10.3.5

It's not a consistent problem... but it happens. Like... it's not happening on this page...

???
  • Reply 5 of 7
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    Quote:

Safari--1.2.3 (v125.9)

OS X--10.3.5

It's not a consistent problem... but it happens. Like... it's not happening on this page...

???

OS X 10.3.5 and Safari 1.2.3 here too. Doesn't really matter though. I've had it happen with several versions of both. I'm surprised that more people haven't had the problem. It kind of freaks you out though when the cursor disappears and like elppa cam said, it's not consistent, happens rarely.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    FWIW, I have stayed on 10.3.4 and Safari 1.2.2 and encountered no problems. Maybe this is one of those things where I am better off sticking to "even-numbered" updates?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by RussS

OS X 10.3.5 and Safari 1.2.3 here too. Doesn't really matter though. I've had it happen with several versions of both. I'm surprised that more people haven't had the problem. It kind of freaks you out though when the cursor disappears and like elppa cam said, it's not consistent, happens rarely.

Perhaps this glitch is caused by fault Safari Icons. Well, perhaps you try to trash all "Safari Adress Icons" (these little icons which appear left to the internet adress field. These Icons do also appear in any bookmarked adress)). To do so, go to ~library/Safari/Icons. Hit "CMD A" and put them to the trash bin. See if the mishap is still there. I would do that at least