Wma Audio format

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello everyvody

I was wondering if there is a way to convert mp3 to wma format using a macintsoh.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harsh

Hello everyvody

I was wondering if there is a way to convert mp3 to wma format using a macintsoh.

Thanks!

There is a way but I'm not gonna tell you...because I care for you.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

There is a way but I'm not gonna tell you...because I care for you.

Ok anyone else?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    You may have to use Cleaner. And it only can convert to version 7
  • Reply 4 of 6
    just the other day some software was (about to be) released which enabled any Quicktime application to encode to WMA. Can't seem to find the link just now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harsh

Questions for you:

1) Are you aware that any time that you convert from one "lossy" audio format to another (MP3 and WMA are both lossy formats) that you lose sound quality?

2) Why would you want to do this? Do you have a player that only plays WMA but not MP3?

If you've got it into your head that WMA is better sound quality than MP3, and that somehow you'll improve sound quality by converting, you won't -- you'll make your sound quality worse.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Questions for you:

1) Are you aware that any time that you convert from one "lossy" audio format to another (MP3 and WMA are both lossy formats) that you lose sound quality?

2) Why would you want to do this? Do you have a player that only plays WMA but not MP3?

If you've got it into your head that WMA is better sound quality than MP3, and that somehow you'll improve sound quality by converting, you won't -- you'll make your sound quality worse.

1) You dont notice the differance on headphones. I was just doing it on my friends house and it sounds great

2) It can play wma mp3 and Ogg I am just looking for a smaller audio format. (I tried lowering mp3 quality and it works but when i listen to a wma it sounds the same)

3) Like I said i dont really care somhow my playr makes it soud good

Do you know how to or not If you dont it's fine. I realy want to know

\