How to improve Safari by 100%!

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 36
    Get rid of the the crap songs, then you wont have to change to iTunes every time one comes on.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Alpha Mac

    Get rid of the the crap songs, then you wont have to change to iTunes every time one comes on.



    He has a point. Just uncheck the little checkbox to the left of each song that you don't want to hear, and it won't play.
  • Reply 23 of 36
  • Reply 24 of 36
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by johnq

    rant/opinion:

    Kinda sad how the Mac has been taken over my iPoders and music junkies.



    Nothing wrong with a good session of working on your Mac with no music at all. Or a bus ride just sitting and thinking. Or sitting in your yard hearing birds or summer sounds.



    People that need music 24/7 are gross and terrifying. The whole country sounds like one big Best Buy audio department sales floor.



    People are destroying the specialness of music by making it all-pervasive. It very much is an indistinguishable droning that drugs and distracts and preoccupies their brains as they shuffle off to their daily sources of monotony.



    bleh



    p.s. I love my iPod and music. But I needn't inject music into every facet of my life.




    Sound Of Silence is great, and not just the song. I agree on every word here.



    Quote:

    I've been using Sizzling Keys for iTunes (sk4it) to adress this very issue and have been more than happy with it



    Takes up wee too much space in the menu bar. Nice idea but very badly implemented. Should have been more like iSync or the Airport pull down menus. Now I need to find out how to remove this shite
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by johnq

    How about not having any crap songs in your iTunes Library?



    My preferred solution...




    Probably the best solution. Thanks johnq... but that would mean deleting at least half of my iTunes library
  • Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Towel

    Or you could control-click iTunes in the dock to skip to the next song. Or you could install iKey and map "Next Song" to an F key. I like that best, myself. F7 pause, F8 back, F9 next. Works in any app.



    I use sizzling keys for 4 itunes - you can use any key you want and you can rate songs etc. http://www.yellowmug.com/sk4it/ In keyboard and mouse preferences Apple should allow you to make shortcuts for one program that can be used universally. That would be a good feature.



    (Edit: I don't have anything in the menu bar, it is completely unobtrusive, i don't even remember it is running half the time)
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Byte Controller.



    Off Version Tracker and Macupdate.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by johnq

    rant/opinion:

    People that need music 24/7 are gross and terrifying. The whole country sounds like one big Best Buy audio department sales floor.



    People are destroying the specialness of music by making it all-pervasive. It very much is an indistinguishable droning that drugs and distracts and preoccupies their brains as they shuffle off to their daily sources of monotony.





    I find your point of view to be disgusting, music is my life, it is the heartbeat of my soul. I understand if people choose to blare music in a distracting or offensive manner in your vicinity then you have a legitimate issue. but there seems to be more to it than that.



    If you tell me to stop listening to music because itis "destroying the specialness" of the thing then i would say that you are a fool with no true appreciation for the power of music. If I truly "terrify" you then i am glad, for it is exceedingly unlikely that you and I have anything in common.



    There is no "proper time and place" to experience music...the fact that you choose not immerse yourself in that which is the very essesnce of humanity, and indeed shun those who would, says more about you than it does about than the rest of the world
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Haxz0r Jim Duggan

    I find your point of view to be disgusting, music is my life, it is the heartbeat of my soul. I understand if people choose to blare music in a distracting or offensive manner in your vicinity then you have a legitimate issue. but there seems to be more to it than that.



    If you tell me to stop listening to music because itis "destroying the specialness" of the thing then i would say that you are a fool with no true appreciation for the power of music. If I truly "terrify" you then i am glad, for it is exceedingly unlikely that you and I have anything in common.



    There is no "proper time and place" to experience music...the fact that you choose not immerse yourself in that which is the very essesnce of humanity, and indeed shun those who would, says more about you than it does about than the rest of the world






    my feelings exactly!
  • Reply 30 of 36
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Haxz0r Jim Duggan

    I find your point of view to be disgusting, music is my life, it is the heartbeat of my soul. I understand if people choose to blare music in a distracting or offensive manner in your vicinity then you have a legitimate issue. but there seems to be more to it than that.



    If you tell me to stop listening to music because itis "destroying the specialness" of the thing then i would say that you are a fool with no true appreciation for the power of music. If I truly "terrify" you then i am glad, for it is exceedingly unlikely that you and I have anything in common.



    There is no "proper time and place" to experience music...the fact that you choose not immerse yourself in that which is the very essesnce of humanity, and indeed shun those who would, says more about you than it does about than the rest of the world




    Jesus, man...
  • Reply 31 of 36
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Haxz0r Jim Duggan

    I find your point of view to be disgusting, music is my life, it is the heartbeat of my soul. I understand if people choose to blare music in a distracting or offensive manner in your vicinity then you have a legitimate issue. but there seems to be more to it than that.



    If you tell me to stop listening to music because itis "destroying the specialness" of the thing then i would say that you are a fool with no true appreciation for the power of music. If I truly "terrify" you then i am glad, for it is exceedingly unlikely that you and I have anything in common.



    There is no "proper time and place" to experience music...the fact that you choose not immerse yourself in that which is the very essesnce of humanity, and indeed shun those who would, says more about you than it does about than the rest of the world




    LOL



    I love music. I love the iPod.



    I like getting the occasional blowjob too but I'm not going to walk around all day with a vacuum cleaner sucking on me 24/7.



    It's that "specialness" thing again I guess.



    But hey, you're certainly welcome to your opinion, no one's stopping you. I expressed my opinion, not stifling yours. I don't recall telling you or anyone to stop, I just lamented that it seems not to be an option anymore and it might be refreshing for them to give it a rest every now and then for their own sake, for the benefit of their enjoyment of their own music.



    Bad enough people get "sick of" top 10 songs practically week by week. Hearing one's music incessantly will make you enjoy it less, I promise. That's truly sad to see. It happens all the time, particularly when great songs get used in TV ads that are run every commercial break.



    There's nothing finer than being away from your music, anticipating hearing your favorite songs and getting home and blasting them.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by johnq

    LOL



    I love music. I love the iPod.



    I like getting the occasional blowjob too but I'm not going to walk around all day with a vacuum cleaner sucking on me 24/7.



    It's that "specialness" thing again I guess.



    But hey, you're certainly welcome to your opinion, no one's stopping you. I expressed my opinion, not stifling yours. I don't recall telling you or anyone to stop, I just lamented that it seems not to be an option anymore and it might be refreshing for them to give it a rest every now and then for their own sake, for the benefit of their enjoyment of their own music.



    Bad enough people get "sick of" top 10 songs practically week by week. Hearing one's music incessantly will make you enjoy it less, I promise. That's truly sad to see. It happens all the time, particularly when great songs get used in TV ads that are run every commercial break.



    There's nothing finer than being away from your music, anticipating hearing your favorite songs and getting home and blasting them.




    Hear Hear... re the blow jobs!



    I have to agree with Johnq... before I got my iPod I used to go for my daily walks with nothing but my thoughts, and I used to get a lot of thinking done... but now thanks to the iPod my walks are all completed to the tune of the latest chart hit, and I get no thinking done.... I think.



    Once again: Hear Hear... re the blow jobs!



    iDunno
  • Reply 33 of 36
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Don't worry, people that never listen to music at all (of any kind) also scare me. (Unless they are tone deaf or have some physical reason). There are people that never listen to music on their own, something I simply can't comprehend.



    But I chalk it up to some kind of strange brain wiring and pity them more than anything so long as they aren't actively anti-music. Mostly they are guys and they listen to sports or talk radio only. Too strange. I think it's related to homophobia actually. Anyway...
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iDunno

    Probably the best solution. Thanks johnq... but that would mean deleting at least half of my iTunes library



    Than do so
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by johnq

    How about not having any crap songs in your iTunes Library?



    My preferred solution...




    Gosh darn it, I was going to say that!
  • Reply 36 of 36
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,657member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iDunno

    by putting a set of iTunes controls in the safari browser.



    I am sick of constantly apple-tabbing between Safari and iTunes every time a crap song comes on.



    iDunno




    Make a playlist of rated music?
Sign In or Register to comment.