How do make Safari remember screen positions from one time to the next?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi folks. This is my first time in the Genius Bar.

I have all up to date software on a G3 iBook that I span to a 19" CRT. I use Safari for browsing. My one annoyance with it is that opening a new window by clicking on a link is always an adventure. I want it to open full-screen on the CRT everytime a window opens. I am tired of having to reposition new windows in order to be able to use them. There must be some setting in Safari that tells it how to behave when opening a new window. Does someone have a definitive answer on this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    It remembers the window position and size of the most recent window you have have positioned and resized (if you did resize it - if you didn't it's the size that was last used or some default size).

Exception 1:

If the window is off-screen in anyway, it will reposition new windows at the top left, but should retain it's size.

Maximize a window and close it. Now new windows will be created maximized on top of each other.

If they are less than maximized they will be created in a staggered stack and creep down to the lower right.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    If you still are having problems, you can create javascript links in your bookmarks bar. Then, when you click on it, the javascript resizes your window to whatever values you want. For example, I have two links in my menubar: They're named »« and «» to minimize and maximize my windows. Here's the javascript:

»« is javascript:self.resizeTo(800,600);

«» is more complicated. It's all one line, but I had to break it up to keep page formatting

javascript:function%20rsz(s,i,w,h,m)

{if(i.screenX0||i.outerWidth%3Ew||i.outerHeight%3E h){s.moveTo(0,0);s.resizeTo(w,h)};

if(m){s.moveTo(m==1?0:screen.availWidth-w,0);};s.resizeTo(w,h);};

rsz(self,window,1024,screen.availHeight,1);

If I remember right, I got this from macosxhints.com, but I forget.