G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Comments

• Reply 261 of 335
    I am still waiting for the G5 dual 2.5 with a ship date of on or before 10/7 and the nVidea 6800 on or before 10/25/04 kind of a drag to wait 3 to 4 months for a box that will no longer be state of the art by the time I get it
  • Reply 262 of 335
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by doeboy

I am still waiting for the G5 dual 2.5 with a ship date of on or before 10/7 and the nVidea 6800 on or before 10/25/04 kind of a drag to wait 3 to 4 months for a box that will no longer be state of the art by the time I get it

When did you order it?
  • Reply 263 of 335
    July 3rd I guess it is only 3 months but still.
  • Reply 264 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by doeboy

July 3rd I guess it is only 3 months but still.

LOL I ordered like a week before you so that means I might still be waiting too!!

Did you order directly from apple? I ordered through ADC... I ended up getting a dual 2.0 instead of a 2.5 and LOVE MY 2.0!! I'm actually happier I got the 2.0 then the 2.5 for a few reasons... mainly the water cooling (don't trust it yet) and I was able to afford the free printer and iPod... it all worked out fine... I also upgraded my graphics card to the 9600xt so I'm happy. (I got it 4 days after I changed my order from 2.5... came straight from china)
  • Reply 265 of 335
    I ordered in early August. Dual 2.5's, 30" Display. The delivery dates have changes a few ties but the dual 2.5's now have a ship date of 9/22 and the 30" display 10/8. I expect those dates to change again.\
  • Reply 266 of 335
    No sooner said then done....

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for ordering the Power Mac G5 with the NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL Graphics card. We look forward to making this exciting new technology available to you.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing unexpected delays and cannot meet the ship date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to ship your Power Mac G5 with the NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL Graphics Card on or before October 22nd. If your order includes an Apple 30" Cinema HD Display, it will also ship on or before October 22nd. Your satisfaction remains important to us and we do appreciate your patience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

Please rest assured that we fulfill all orders in the order they are received.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it is shipped by calling 1-800-676-2775, or you may reply via email to [email protected].

To check the status of your order, visit <http://www.apple.com/orderstatus>. When your Power Mac ships, you will receive a Shipment Notification via email explaining how you may track the package.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

Answers to many Apple Store customer-service questions can be found here: http://www.apple.com/support/store

It's painfully obvious why APPLE only has a 2% marketshare. As a first time APPLE customer I'm not impressed.
  • Reply 267 of 335
    Yah... I wrote a thread on this.... 10 products they've pushed dates back on in the last year.
  • Reply 268 of 335
    Is anyone getting the dual 2.5's?
  • Reply 269 of 335
    I've had my Dual 2.5 PowerMac for two weeks now...

I ended up splitting the order a custom config 2.5 and the 6800 shipping seperatly. I still haven't received the 6800 should ship on the 10/15/04, but like everything else in my order this date has already been bumped a few times because apple can't meet their deadlines.

Oh well... everything on the computer is cruzin at 2.5 and is running my 23" just fine. But I'm looking forward to that 6800!
  • Reply 270 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

I've had my Dual 2.5 PowerMac for two weeks now...

I ended up splitting the order a custom config 2.5 and the 6800 shipping seperatly. I still haven't received the 6800 should ship on the 10/15/04, but like everything else in my order this date has already been bumped a few times because apple can't meet their deadlines.

Oh well... everything on the computer is cruzin at 2.5 and is running my 23" just fine. But I'm looking forward to that 6800!

KCOM: So how is the 2.5? Is it nice and zippy? My order got pushed to "on or before 10/08" with the 6800 card (and a guarantee by phone that there will be NO more delays in shipment - they called me!)

Anyhow, I was just wondering how you're finding the 2.5's performance overall.
  • Reply 271 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

KCOM: So how is the 2.5? Is it nice and zippy? My order got pushed to "on or before 10/08" with the 6800 card (and a guarantee by phone that there will be NO more delays in shipment - they called me!)

Anyhow, I was just wondering how you're finding the 2.5's performance overall.

When did you order? My 6800 says on or before 10/15.
  • Reply 272 of 335
    I verified the 9/30 or before shipping date on my 30" and 6800 yesterday and it is still valid. All the dates, even the most recent changes poeted here, seem to indicate these will be shipping.
  • Reply 273 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1douglask

I verified the 9/30 or before shipping date on my 30" and 6800 yesterday and it is still valid. All the dates, even the most recent changes poeted here, seem to indicate these will be shipping.

Don't hold your breath. My last 4 ship dates changed only 1 or 2 days before the posted date. I called and confirmed the last one (9/22) and was told it would not slip.
  • Reply 274 of 335
    They must love those statements...

"no your date won't slip this time... we promise".

I don't like apple reps... they know they lie to you.
  • Reply 275 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by iHarry

Don't hold your breath. My last 4 ship dates changed only 1 or 2 days before the posted date. I called and confirmed the last one (9/22) and was told it would not slip.

Your order still October as posted above?
  • Reply 276 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1douglask

Your order still October as posted above?

Yes, my hope is that the 10/22 date was deliberately pushed out that far to keep me from getting mad when it changes again. I'm hoping it will come before then.
  • Reply 277 of 335
    I have a 9/30 ship date on my 30" and 6800. This date was just set by Apple about a week ago and it was still the date as of yesterday. Prior to 9/15 or so my reseller had NO date. My order was placed before Harry's. So, has Apple and NVIDIA solved the problem and are going to start shipping? Did they move Harry's date based on production now that the problem is solved?

Apple going from no date to one a couple of weeks out seems to me to indicate they are in fact are going to start shipping but, but there are many, many people with orders in before mine and I have heard of no one actually receiving theirs.

I also believe Apple has the 30" displays. I believe once the problem is solved with the 6800 they can spit them out in big numbers. Based on that Apple can begin shipping the separate orders for the 30" and 6800's pretty darn fast. The G5's with the 6800's installed will be dependent on G5 production.

My BTO G5 2.5 (without the 6800) is scheduled for 10/13 or before. That, I think, could be because Apple is going to devote 100% of production for a bit to G5's with the 6800's if in fact the 6800 problem is fixed.

Viable? I think maybe. This next week or so is going to be most interesting.

• Reply 278 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by discstickers

When did you order? My 6800 says on or before 10/15.

Sorry for the delay in replying. My original order (of which I have already received 5 pieces) was placed on July 10th '04.
  • Reply 279 of 335
    I ordered my G5/160 from Amazon last Friday and it arrives tomorrow! They or their supplier must have some in stock though their web page quotes 1 to 2 weeks for delivery not 1 to 2 business days for most in stock items.
  • Reply 280 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by rogue master

I just ordered a 2.5DP on Monday (8/30). It has a shipdate of 10/6.

Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5

2GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200)

160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM)

ATI Radeon 9600 XT w/128MB DDR SDRAM

I just got notification that it shipped and that I should be getting it within 10 days.