Future PB Upgrade

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I am completely new to Apple. When an upgrade on the PowerBook occurs, will it likely increase in price or do upgrades generally not affect the price. I'm looking at switching from a PC to a PowerBook and am curious about the upgrades. Thank you so much for your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JarinS1

When an upgrade on the PowerBook occurs, will it likely increase in price or do upgrades generally not affect the price. I'm looking at switching from a PC to a PowerBook and am curious about the upgrades.

When the Powerbook line is updated, generally the prices are little or not affected. In some cases Apple adjust pricing for countries outside the US, so in the last two updates, if I am not mistaken, we saw a price reduction in Europe. And your question reminds me more General Discussion than Future Hardware.

By the way, welcome to AppleInsider and the Macintosh. Don't be afraid to switch, the Mac OS X experience on a Powerbook is much pleasing and rewarding.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

When the Powerbook line is updated, generally the prices are little or not affected. In some cases Apple adjust pricing for countries outside the US, so in the last two updates, if I am not mistaken, we saw a price reduction in Europe. And your question reminds me more General Discussion than Future Hardware.

By the way, welcome to AppleInsider and the Macintosh. Don't be afraid to switch, the Mac OS X experience on a Powerbook is much pleasing and rewarding.

Generally, the prices are the same between upgrades, but the upgraded PB has much better specs. Over time, the prices come down from where they have been in the past, although that is not guaranteed.

Of course, the set of standard features slowly creeps into all models. Airport Extreme is now a standard feature. The superdrive is slowly but surely taking over the PB lineup. Hopefully, the next rev will have light up keyboards across the line. Apple doews charge a bit for their machines, but they give you an amazing laptop for the money and they hold their value extremely well.