HD Space

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just wondering: I recently switched from G3 (Pismo) straight to G5, same OS, same software (except iLife04), I don't understand why it's using so much more harddisk space now: 4 GB on the Pismo G3, more than 30 GB on the PM G5! Anybody knows?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_here

Just wondering: I recently switched from G3 (Pismo) straight to G5, same OS, same software (except iLife04), I don't understand why it's using so much more harddisk space now: 4 GB on the Pismo G3, more than 30 GB on the PM G5! Anybody knows?

I bet that if you think about it, you are doing something now that you weren't doing on your old machine. The iLife 04 suite is a good candidate. I noticed that the plurity of my HD space is used by the iTMS. This has been the case since I activated my iTMS account. Buying new songs seems to have little impact since the initial activation.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_here

just look at iDVD--its over 4GB by itself.