Anything cool happen to you lately?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Aside from finding out that other people share your NHL '96 obsession, of course.

Went out to play a round of golf on the weekend. Standing there on the practice tee with a friend. This driving range is kind of messed up because it goes up a sort of steep hill. There's a sign at the top of the hill that says 350 YARDS - DREAMER on it.

I told buddy that I was going to hit the sign. Ball on tee. Massive swing. 5 seconds of body english.

THWACK

Smile. Chug of beer. High fives. More beer.

Good start to a good day. Shot a 79.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    I got the blue screen of death on the school's dulls. That is cool to me since I wanted it to happen( I had nothing to do with it).
  • Reply 2 of 42
    One of the best musicians I know said that he really liked a song that I wrote.
  • Reply 3 of 42
    That driving range illustration is strangely familiar, except that we don't have any hills in Florida. The problem is that after enough beer, it gets harder and harder to hit the signs.

So far, I've spent the whole day building this part inventory system. (and posting dumb quips on AO) Not too cool. But we did just close a multimillion dollar deal with a certain racetrack owning company, so that's awesome. In honor of the deal, I drank a bottle of wine.

There was no beer at hand, which means that I had nothing to do with the purchase.
  • Reply 4 of 42
    No, nothing cool's happened to me recently.

You'll be the first to know if anything does, though.
  • Reply 5 of 42
    I didn't run over an echidna. But only because I spotted him well in advance.

Then an eastern rosella flew under the car and I thought he was a goner for sure but when I looked in the rear view he was sitting on the road stunned but apparently alive.

None of the abundance of roos and wallabies grazing on the verges because of the drought have connected with my front end yet (touch wood).

I drove through (heavy) snow for the first time ever and didn't crash or die.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    i got a new girlfriend!!!!!!! always exciting!
  • Reply 7 of 42
    I saw a great amateur video about drinking at PSU and I might go and buy the new Green Day album, because it is the bestest.

• Reply 8 of 42
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Oh you asshole.

• Reply 9 of 42
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    One time I slipped on a banana peel in a parking lot. No kidding.
  • Reply 10 of 42
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Dubuya gave a speech at the UN thing...he was pretty brave to speak what he thought was right, in front of that congragation of dictators, i'm gonna have to say. Congrats to him on the speech...

-Neø
  • Reply 11 of 42
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

Dubuya gave a speech at the UN thing...he was pretty brave to speak what he thought was right, in front of that congragation of dictators, i'm gonna have to say. Congrats to him on the speech...

-Neø

Shows what kind of life you have.

I played soccer in Gym for the first time since I was 6, and managed to get the ball past two Seniors in the goal. Score.
  • Reply 12 of 42
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i activated SSH on my [beeep, job related person]'s machine so i can reboot it later today or make him start to play pac man or just have whatever fun i want...

going to get free ice cream and an imac g5 t shirt today (and tear that sweet machien apart, yes yes) .. nah that's too lame.

got 1 gb of newton developer software on my ipod (& nt. cables), and will get some extra nerdy t shirts in mail... oh wait that's too nerdy.

learned a lot about socisal engineering..
  • Reply 13 of 42
    Spent the entire week dining at 5 star hotels entertaining the customer and got sick of rich food...

Also stuck for the past week at the corporate guest house watching Anime on TV. Inu Yasha, Mobile Suit Gundam, Captain Herlock, Samurai X, etc. on Animax. I don't get that stuff at home, so I did enjoy seeing some of my favorites.
  • Reply 14 of 42
    yeah few weeks agi i got my first paying freelance job designing a dvd cover or an indie movie. now it looks like i'm getting a website to do, also for pay, unlike the website i'm currently during which is pro-bono
  • Reply 15 of 42
    g2gg2g Posts: 39member
    Got fired from my job of three years...I had to go home to put the storm shutters up.......just got done putting them back ...now Hurricane Jeanne is comming .. ...I started my own biz...and we just had our first boy aug 20th ...so it has ben fun taking care of him ..life is good....looking toward Dec...Jan...new PB 15.2 ya!!!
  • Reply 16 of 42
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    the t shrit was lame. white .. with "giving the cusomters the power to help themselves" on the backside. argh. gonna wear it at the gym ..

would get a totallly new meaning worn at night

yes yes. day starting good. woke up at 6 am .. so unlike me but fun..
  • Reply 17 of 42
    i ran 9 miles in 67 minutes yesterday. to you big, super runners, that may seem like small potatoes, but it's the fastest i've ever run!
  • Reply 18 of 42
    Just to keep you posted, nothing cool happened to me today or yesterday, but I'm still sort of hoping for something cool to happen to me today.
  • Reply 19 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Just to keep you posted, nothing cool happened to me today or yesterday, but I'm still sort of hoping for something cool to happen to me today.

Here's hoping
  • Reply 20 of 42
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Maybe you'll get laid.