Bluetooth in new iMac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If you want Bluetooth AFTER you buy the new iMac G5 can you only opt for the exterior USB option (which I have for my old G4) or can you buy an internal card similar to that used for Airport Extreme?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

If you want Bluetooth AFTER you buy the new iMac G5 can you only opt for the exterior USB option (which I have for my old G4) or can you buy an internal card similar to that used for Airport Extreme?

you have to get the d-link external one.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    J&R ( www.jr.com ) have the Belkin BT adapter for $29.88. They also have some iMac G5s in stock.

[edit]

My bad, the BT USB adapter is the Belkin model, seen here: --> http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3675061
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I don't recall where I saw this but someone reported it could actually be installed internally later but is not an easy do it yourself job.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

I don't recall where I saw this but someone reported it could actually be installed internally later but is not an easy do it yourself job.

You'd also have to get Apple to sell you an internal BT module which will probably be much harder than doing the actual install.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    hi guys,

does anyone know whether the BT mouse doesn't work as well/accurately/responsively as the normal one?

I heard some rumors about it and not sure if order a new iMac with BT.

First post, glad to have the first Mac machine.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by weirluo

hi guys,

does anyone know whether the BT mouse doesn't work as well/accurately/responsively as the normal one?

I heard some rumors about it and not sure if order a new iMac with BT.

First post, glad to have the first Mac machine.

no bluetooth mouse is as fast as a usb mouse. ive heard the apple mouse is quite good for a bluetooth mouse, but if you are a hardcore gamer (eg. you eat Quake-e-os for breakfast) you pretty much need a wired mouse. I'll let you know when i get my new imac w/bluetooth kit 1 more month
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by CheapFrag

no bluetooth mouse is as fast as a usb mouse. ive heard the apple mouse is quite good for a bluetooth mouse, but if you are a hardcore gamer (eg. you eat Quake-e-os for breakfast) you pretty much need a wired mouse. I'll let you know when i get my new imac w/bluetooth kit 1 more month

thanks, cannot wait to get the 20 inches