UK - want to buy a new iMac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Now, I've got rid of my old iMac already and have an order with the AppleStore for a 20" iMac G5. However, it says shipping won't begin until the 4th October.

I've heard of places with limited supply of the new iMac, now. Any idea of where in the UK I could get hold of one - I'm prepared to drive. Or am really going to have wait until October?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Micro Anvika in London has some (at least 2 days ago). Give them a ring

http://www.microanvika.com/about/stores.asp?txt=6tcr
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Many thanks. I'll try them tomorrow. Any other suggestions in case they no longer have any? And are they are good firm?

Thanks again.

Mike
  • Reply 3 of 8
    It is a good and reputable Apple reseller.

For other places check this list http://www.apple.com/uk/events/imac/
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

Now, I've got rid of my old iMac already and have an order with the AppleStore for a 20" iMac G5. However, it says shipping won't begin until the 4th October.

I've heard of places with limited supply of the new iMac, now. Any idea of where in the UK I could get hold of one - I'm prepared to drive. Or am really going to have wait until October?

Well I ordered a 20" for work at the beggining of last week, and it shipped Saturday - so I guess it's somewhere between London and Taiwan. Whether it'll get here before the start of October I don't know, but at least it's shipped.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Where did you order yours from? I ordered mine from the Apple Store on 5th September and it still hasn't shipped.

Computer Warehouse have stock of the 17". I wonder if I might accept the smaller screen size. Anyone here have a preference?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

Where did you order yours from? I ordered mine from the Apple Store on 5th September and it still hasn't shipped.

Computer Warehouse have stock of the 17". I wonder if I might accept the smaller screen size. Anyone here have a preference?

From the apple store. i was surprised too, but it definitely shipped on Saturday. I'd stick it out for the 20" if I were you - if it were just the screen size then the 17" would be fine, but most people who've seen the two of them say the 20" screen is of much higher quality.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I've got a 17" version on order. Phoned supplier today and they are now stating two weeks before they recieve any?! It's pants - I want one now!

(Hello by the way - 1st post! Great forum - well done everybody)
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I'm delighted - my 20" iMac (ordered from CanCom) is to be delivered tomorrow - I've cancelled my order with the AppleStore. Off tomorrow to buy Airport Extreme and 2gig of RAM. I'll make do with my external Bluetooth module.