G5 Powerbooks to be release in 1 month.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I am not sure if this is BS, but someone just spoke to me about a vendor who is trying to pre-release a G5 Powerbook.

Is this BS?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 86
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by arondale

I am not sure if this is BS, but someone just spoke to me about a vendor who is trying to pre-release a G5 Powerbook.

Is this BS?

From the evidence you present here, I would say yes.
  • Reply 2 of 86
    I am sold.
  • Reply 3 of 86
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Is this BS?

You make a very compelling argument.
  • Reply 4 of 86
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Is this BS?

Can I get mine with an optional Elvis clone? Maybe a Bermuda triangle proof GPS system? Anti-alien abduction security system?

Why doesn't AI make people post 100 posts before giving them the chance to post to future hardware?
  • Reply 5 of 86
    If your gullible.... your gullible...

100 posts or not

Maybe a rule where if you heard it from an "Apple Store Guy" or a "Vendor" the post gets automatically locked!
  • Reply 6 of 86
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

Can I get mine with an optional Elvis clone? Maybe a Bermuda triangle proof GPS system? Anti-alien abduction security system?

Why doesn't AI make people post 100 posts before giving them the chance to post to future hardware?

way to ruin it. this guy paints such a vivid picture of the new Powerbook G5 and you go overboard.
  • Reply 7 of 86
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Yevgeny

- take your pick!
  • Reply 8 of 86
    And Future Hardware slides even deeper into the muck.

Minimum post counts for thread starting privileges will never happen?because it makes too much sense.
  • Reply 9 of 86
    Quote:

Is this BS?

I can corroborate this information. My cat said "mrowr... mrowr... meow... purrrrr"

Which clearly indicates a 10 Ghz septuple processor Platinum and particleboard enclosed Powerbook only a few days away.

Honest.

My cat knows these things.
  • Reply 10 of 86
    Considering the reports at mac rumors + steve wanting to release + another rep stating the same for 2nd qtr 2004, it is not out of the question.
  • Reply 11 of 86
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too shocked. Points:

1. Apple has released new PowerBook specs in the power management extensions in 10.3.5 which equate to PowerPC 970fx.

2. PowerBook revs are due.

3. Christmas is coming.

4. Seeing how Freescale/Motorola has bumped the speed of their latest G4s (7455 and 7447) a whopping 133MHz in the past year, things do not bode well. There is reportedly (TBA in October, we think) a 7448 CPU in development, but that product will not be ready for release in an Apple product in at least 6 months, with no huge gain (1.6GHz reportedly) in speed. This almost signals an end is nearing for Moto/Freescale involvement in Apple products.

5. The "consumer" desktop is faster and cheaper than their "professional" portable.

6. IBM has pretty much gotten over the 90nm curve and the manufacturing process is ironed out.

7. Steve Jobs cannot stand having such a stagnated professional line.

Now granted, Apple has said that people shouldn't be holding their collective breath waiting for a PowerBook G5, but I think that is just marketing-speak for not wanting to kill the final PowerBook G4 sales.

However, this rumor is based on what exactly? What vendor are you referring to?
  • Reply 12 of 86
    Next time anyone posts these unsubstantiated threads please do us all a favor and add a question mark to the end of the thread title so that we can steer clear of it without feeling like we're missing out. Mmmkay?

Like so: G5 Powerbooks to be release(d) in 1 month?
  • Reply 13 of 86
    I knew this thread was going to be frivolous the moment I saw its title. Anyone who remotely follows the beat knows Apple has publicly said repeatedly not to expect a G5 in a portable "anytime soon," or "at least not this year."

I think these types of threads should be locked and deleted. It takes away from the constructive comments and dialog this board has built its reputation on. This isn't the SpyMac forums.
  • Reply 14 of 86
    but we have seen a lot of "lock" rumors that turned out not to be true and a lot of rumors that the general AI population thought to be bunk that turned out to be true. Plus eventually there will be a G5 powerbook. So why not?
  • Reply 15 of 86
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

Please rehab before starting any new threads.
  • Reply 16 of 86
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigMcLargehuge

I can corroborate this information. My cat said "mrowr... mrowr... meow... purrrrr"

Which clearly indicates a 10 Ghz septuple processor Platinum and particleboard enclosed Powerbook only a few days away.

Honest.

My cat knows these things.

Your cat bahhh! How could he break his non-disclosure agreement with Apple?

Their lawyers would hand him his feline ass on a platter. No more likely the mother ship is beaming messages to him against his will.....

Besides my neighbors pool man's brother-in-law's cousin's gardener's sister works for Apple or something or other says the 040 is back a terabyte speeds!!
  • Reply 17 of 86
    Au contraire. This looks like a dead cert.

The poster's name is 'arondale'. In the Pleat-du Plessis numerological system 'a', the first letter of the alphabet, is assigned the value '1'. 'R' has '18'. The last letter of the poster's name, 'e', is the fifth letter of the alphabet, and has (of course) the value of '5'.

But this is where things get interesting.

arondale started this thread with his 76th post. What's 7 + 6 ?

Exactly. 13. 1 + 3 is 4. Add the 'a' (1) to the post value, as you should, since his nick begins with the first letter of the alphabet, and you get 5. There are two 5s, bookending the name and the post count, suggesting the PowerBook will be a dualie ? surprising, but you can't argue with maths.

I've worked out how to get a 'G' too, honest, but I really don't have the time to explain it here. Needless to say, this is exciting, exciting stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 86
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member

Now this is some great arithmology lesson.
  • Reply 19 of 86
    Quote:

Originally posted by Peter North

I am sold.

I am buying.
  • Reply 20 of 86
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The current PPC 970 fx is too hot, to be used in a powerbook.

Perhaps a special version with low K, and SSOI will be able to bring this chip into a laptop. But there is no sign that IBM has started to use this tech for the G5.