Finding 802.11b airport card

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I recently bought a used g3 ibook from a friend but it doesn't have an airport card. I don't have any problem finding them . . . but I think they are outragously priced.

What I'm looking for is some ideas on where I might find a new or used 802.11b airport card at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    eBay is a good place to look.

I know prices went crazy recently when everyone did a collective "holy shit the discontinued them oh my god where can I get one" panic. They were going for $150+ US.

I've seen some end recently for right around $100, sometimes someone gets lucky and snags one for less. There are more AirPort cards than EVER on eBay right now, everyone is trying to cash in on the fever. I sold one last week for $100 US there... I had 2 of them and wanted to use the money towards my new iMac. Didn't go as high as I was hoping, but with the glut of them on there right now, it's not surprising. I think I paid about $50 US for it though, so I'm fine with it.

Just be patient and I'm sure you'll get one for a decent price.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I bought mine from a local mac shop. They are buying them as service parts. Was $125, which considering shipping, warranty, convenience, seems pretty fair compared to $100 on ebay.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    LA Computer Company has them for $78. I ordered two for some older machines. They only shipped one but I called them and they apologized and said they'd ship another one. Assuming it arrives, I have no complaints about their service.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I have an M7600LL/E brand new still sealed that I'd be willing to part with for $100.