Time-lapsed music video: From LA to NY

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Check this amazing time-lapsed video from LA to NY. (Cult of the Mac)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    that is awesome

a bit long

still awesome
  • Reply 2 of 12
    That's wicked!

I'm only surprised no-one stole the camera while they slept.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Nice.

What tunnel did they take into NYC?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

That's wicked!

I'm only surprised no-one stole the camera while they slept.

This clearly wasn't an off-the-cuff project. Some things were clear. They had ample power to the camera during the drive at night when the car was off. That requires a big external battery. They had the camera operating in the rain... It was obviously not directly exposed to the elements. Whatever environmental protection they used was probably also part of the anti-theft measures. The "end" sign was obviously not a coincidence, nor was the breakdown. The moonrise probably wasn't a coincidence either.

I enjoyed the video.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The "end" sign was obviously not a coincidence

yeah, i saw that, and i said to myself, well done
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I was so impress and mesmerized, I'm pretty sure I've seen the video over ten times (including quite a few times in full screen). The End sign was just perfect. The really long tunnel - I thinks it's the Holland Tunnel (which connects Manhattan with New Jersey (not sure: never been there)).
  • Reply 7 of 12
    that was pretty sweet, but i expected there to be no cuts. oh well. mad props for being able to conceive such a crazy video and pulling it off.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

that was pretty sweet, but i expected there to be no cuts. oh well. mad props for being able to conceive such a crazy video and pulling it off.

Considering it's like 3000 miles from LA to NY, and you can make about 400 miles at the speed limit in about 7 hours...

You do the math. Even if the footage was played at 50x, it would be over an hour long.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

I thinks it's the Holland Tunnel (which connects Manhattan with New Jersey (not sure: never been there)).

Cool video, its either the Holland or the Lincoln Tunnel, but its hard to tell with the small screen. I'm leaning more toward the lincoln though because the go up eighth avenue towards Times Square.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

Cool video, its either the Holland or the Lincoln Tunnel, but its hard to tell with the small screen. I'm leaning more toward the lincoln though because the go up eighth avenue towards Times Square.

I think you are right: photo from gettyimages.com. I first though about the Holland Tunnel because of this picture from corbis.

• Reply 11 of 12
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    I just found out why this video is so cool. Check out who did it:

http://www.director-file.com/gondry/Dxlviii.html#

In case you don't know who that is, it's Michel Gondry's brother. Michel is the #1 or #2 music video director of all time (depending on where you would place Spike Jonze) and director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Hehe. Didn't have the patience to watch the whole thing but what I watched was funny.

?LarryISKewl?