G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Comments

• Reply 301 of 335
    As of 1:00 PM EDT my 30" and 6800 are BOTH STILL SCHEDULED TO SHIP ON 9/30, TOMORROW!

Let us hope that tomorrow starts the flood of 6800's flowing from Apple!
  • Reply 302 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1douglask

As of 1:00 PM EDT my 30" and 6800 are BOTH STILL SCHEDULED TO SHIP ON 9/30, TOMORROW!

Yes I hope so too. Apple just announced this today - and I want it!!

http://www.apple.com/logic/featureoverview.html

This and my new G5 deserve each other. Hurry up Apple!!

• Reply 303 of 335
    I didnt't want to waite for months to get my dual 2.5 G5 so I called around and found a handfull of them at the local apple stores in the So Cal area. Apple product and tech support freaked out when I called for info on when these stores would get the INVIDIA graphics cards in, they stated that they had no record of any apple stores selling the 2.5 G's. Basically you get a 160Gb hard drive, the stock video card, and 512 mb of ram (upgradable at the store along with blue tooth and airport). I purchased my 23" HD display and tower on Aug 18 after searching a day for them. The stores only get a few and sell out in under an hour. The one in New Port Beach had 10 and I had to hold one of them till that afternoon. They said the other 9 were gone in 35 minutes....
  • Reply 304 of 335
    I ordered 2.5 with 2G and 2X250G HD, 23" with 6800, 2 months ago in Sydney via a apple reseller Next Byte. They could not give me delivery dates (deposit A$1500) so I complain to Apple Australia and they did track it down and says, delay is due to 6800. Still waiting....
  • Reply 305 of 335
    Quote:

Hi. Any news?

• Reply 306 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

Hi. Any news?

The date hasn't changed as of yet AND haven't been notified it shipped as of yet. No new date is the best thing I "haven't" heard so far!
  • Reply 307 of 335
    So whats the deal? DId they ship or not?
  • Reply 308 of 335
    Quote:

The date hasn't changed as of yet AND haven't been notified it shipped as of yet. No new date is the best thing I "haven't" heard so far!

Try calling them. I'll bet it has changed. They Ship FedEx so there is still a liitle time for hope here on the west coast.
  • Reply 309 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by iHarry

Try calling them. I'll bet it has changed. They Ship FedEx so there is still a liitle time for hope here on the west coast.

As of 8:00 PM EDT the shipping date has not changed and there is still no notice of shipping. I was advised of 2 things. 1. Apple's business quarter ended last Friday, 9/24. My theory that they would push as much out by the 30th was wrong. That ended last Friday not today. 2. It may have shipped. I have been advised that because things are back to "normal" with no "end of the quarter push" to get things out that Apple will not up date their information in their system maybe until midnight California time, 3:00 AM EDT, my time. As far as calling them I ordered through a reseller so I have to call the reseller. He has access to the Apple system and can see if something shipped before notice is even sent. He called me from home to give me this 8:00 PM up date.

His opinion, it may have shipped. May have. Tonight when Apple does up date their system either the date will change or the order will have been shipped today. Nothing, in his experience, indicates which it will be at this time.

I should know one way or the other early tomorrow morning and I will make a post here as soon as I know.
  • Reply 310 of 335
    Hello,

I ordered a G5 2.5 with the nVidia 6800 on 8/30. My ship date was 10/5. Apple offered me an option to exchange my nVidia for a 9600 XT and then ship me the 6800 later. I went ahead and did this becasue I believe, and sorry if this is not what everyone is hoping for, but that the nVidia 6800 isn't even ready to be shipped at all. My computer now comes in 2 weeks or less for sure and I can stop hanging at the edge of my chair reading every post on the planet looking for a G5 that shipped with a 6800 in it. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

CGP
  • Reply 311 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nomad G5

Hello,

I ordered a G5 2.5 with the nVidia 6800 on 8/30. My ship date was 10/5. Apple offered me an option to exchange my nVidia for a 9600 XT and then ship me the 6800 later. I went ahead and did this becasue I believe, and sorry if this is not what everyone is hoping for, but that the nVidia 6800 isn't even ready to be shipped at all. My computer now comes in 2 weeks or less for sure and I can stop hanging at the edge of my chair reading every post on the planet looking for a G5 that shipped with a 6800 in it. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

CGP

If that works for you that great! In my case the 6800, many of us are waiting for, is necessary for the 30" display that goes with my G5 2.5. No 6800 no display.
  • Reply 312 of 335
    Quote:

If that works for you that great! In my case the 6800, many of us are waiting for, is necessary for the 30" display that goes with my G5 2.5. No 6800 no display.

Yeah your right I'm on 23"s. This is a great forum by the way.
  • Reply 313 of 335
    BAD NEWS! BAD NEWS! BAD NEWS!

30" Display and 6800 card NOW ON OR BEFORE 10/29!
  • Reply 314 of 335
    Quote:

BAD NEWS! BAD NEWS! BAD NEWS!

30" Display and 6800 card NOW ON OR BEFORE 10/29!

Thats my date and I ordered on 9/21.
  • Reply 315 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by EpyonXero

Well, I have always been convinced that once the problem with the 6800's is fixed they will pour to customers. I have little confidence in any dates from Apple at this point. The ONLY thing I'll be impressed with is when I see them in fact shipping!
  • Reply 316 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by EpyonXero

I was wondering how many people are really working with a Dual 2.5 at the moment?

There are over 64 pages and everybody is waiting!!
  • Reply 317 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacJunk

I was wondering how many people are really working with a Dual 2.5 at the moment?

There are over 64 pages and everybody is waiting!!

Could be because the people that have them aren't spending time here wondering when they are coming.
  • Reply 318 of 335
    Quote:

Well, I have always been convinced that once the problem with the 6800's is fixed they will pour to customers. I have little confidence in any dates from Apple at this point. The ONLY thing I'll be impressed with is when I see them in fact shipping!

Douglas: Sorry to see you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Join the club.

Did they quote you a shipping date for your 2.5?

\
  • Reply 319 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

Douglas: Sorry to see you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Join the club.

Did they quote you a shipping date for your 2.5?

\

Yup, on or before 10/13 but if I recall the notice started with:

Dear Customer,

Once upon a time ........

You know, I just priced a 23" and a second 20". The pair would be a few hundred less and bull crap free. I want the 30" and the few hundred bucks isn't the base of any decision but, but if I don't actually see some people posting they have gotten the 6800's in the next week or so I might get disgusted with all the chaos enough to cancel the 30" or maybe the entire damn order until Apple get's their crap together. I really do not want 2 displays but 3 months without any confidence it will even come then ........
  • Reply 320 of 335
    Quote:

Yup, on or before 10/13 but if I recall the notice started with:

Dear Customer,

Once upon a time ........

You know, I just priced a 23" and a second 20". The pair would be a few hundred less and bull crap free. I want the 30" and the few hundred bucks isn't the base of any decision but, but if I don't actually see some people posting they have gotten the 6800's in the next week or so I might get disgusted with all the chaos enough to cancel the 30" or maybe the entire damn order until Apple get's their crap together. I really do not want 2 displays but 3 months without any confidence it will even come then ........

I went to an Apple store to go display testing, and saw the weird pink tinge on two of the 23" displays (out of say 5) a couple of weeks ago. I ended up making my monitor decision on an HP 23" HD f2304, which is just amazing. I already have an Apple 20" and the HP just blows it away in all areas. Plus it has multiple inputs (composite/s-video/dvi - both analog and digital, and d-sub. I currently use it as my main work monitor (with the 20" as the 2nd monitor) in Pro Tools, and then once work is over I use the 23" as my TV. Based on all this hoopla about the Apple monitor colour inaccuracies I'm definitely going to be holding off on the 30" for a while. I'm not shelling out $3k for a giant pink-tinged screen, so waiting is the game for me now. My 2.5 is coming with the 6800 (e v e n t u a l l y) so I'll reassess the situation later.

Only a week until *my* G5 is due to ship. Let's see if that slips again...haha!!