G5-2.5 shipping dates.

1111213141517»

Comments

• Reply 321 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

I went to an Apple store to go display testing, and saw the weird pink tinge on two of the 23" displays (out of say 5) a couple of weeks ago. I ended up making my monitor decision on an HP 23" HD f2304, which is just amazing. I already have an Apple 20" and the HP just blows it away in all areas. Plus it has multiple inputs (composite/s-video/dvi - both analog and digital, and d-sub. I currently use it as my main work monitor (with the 20" as the 2nd monitor) in Pro Tools, and then once work is over I use the 23" as my TV. Based on all this hoopla about the Apple monitor colour inaccuracies I'm definitely going to be holding off on the 30" for a while. I'm not shelling out $3k for a giant pink-tinged screen, so waiting is the game for me now. My 2.5 is coming with the 6800 (e v e n t u a l l y) so I'll reassess the situation later.

Only a week until *my* G5 is due to ship. Let's see if that slips again...haha!!

Oh gee, thanks for reminding me about the pink 23" display's! (Glad you did, really!)

I just emailed my vendor asking when my last date to cancel my entire order was advising I might unless I hear some concrete news about the 6800's and 30" displays. This 3 month long fairytale has me disgusted.
  • Reply 322 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1douglask

Oh gee, thanks for reminding me about the pink 23" display's! (Glad you did, really!)

I just emailed my vendor asking when my last date to cancel my entire order was advising I might unless I hear some concrete news about the 6800's and 30" displays. This 3 month long fairytale has me disgusted.

Well, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I received a call from Apple (yes, they called me) a few weeks ago now telling me my new ship date of "on or before 10/08/04" would *not* slip again, and it came with a big apology. Also as I previously stated, I was very surprised to get the call, but also very appreciative of the courtesy. They double checked on my ship-to addy, and that was that. So.... all being well I should probably have it in 10 days to two weeks from today.

If it *does* slip again...well...I'll hope it arrives before Christmas at that point (or I might change my order to a new PB instead)
  • Reply 323 of 335
    Just got an email saying my order shipped today - WITH 6800!!

Things are looking up.

• Reply 324 of 335
    Quote:

Just got an email saying my order shipped today - WITH 6800!!

Things are looking up.

I got the same email and checked the FedEx tracking number. It actually shipped. Now all I need is the 30" display which should come in a few days.
  • Reply 325 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by iHarry

I got the same email and checked the FedEx tracking number. It actually shipped. Now all I need is the 30" display which should come in a few days.

My G5 2.5 (complete with 6800) is "on truck for delivery". Should arrive in a couple of hours now.

• Reply 326 of 335
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Lets see...

How far back did the dates ended up getting pushed? 1.5 months?
  • Reply 327 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

Lets see...

How far back did the dates ended up getting pushed? 1.5 months?

Pretty much. Mine was originally scheduled for August 28th. So, that's 40 days and 40 nights.

• Reply 328 of 335
    Quote:

My G5 2.5 (complete with 6800) is "on truck for delivery". Should arrive in a couple of hours now.

Mine is just sittin here in the box waiting for the display to arrive.
  • Reply 329 of 335
    Quote:

Mine is just sittin here in the box waiting for the display to arrive.

What? Didn't you even open it to see if the 6800 *actually* exists? Hehe..

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive...any time now I think..hope...
  • Reply 330 of 335
    iharryiharry Posts: 42member
    Quote:

What? Didn't you even open it to see if the 6800 *actually* exists? Hehe..

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive...any time now I think..hope...

O.K I checked, it's there and it's huge
  • Reply 331 of 335
    Quote:

O.K I checked, it's there and it's huge

Awesome! You're a sport Harry. Now if only Fred X would arrive...

\
  • Reply 332 of 335
    OK. Mine has arrived. A full performaance report to follow (in the appropriate forum of course).

P.S. - what would the correct forum for that be?
  • Reply 333 of 335
    iharryiharry Posts: 42member
    Just got my FedEx tracking number for the 30" display. Hopefully it will arrive by Monday and my order will be complete. I havn't been this excited in a loooooong time!
  • Reply 334 of 335
    I just got my 30" display and am typing this from my new dual 2.5 G5 with 30" display. WOW!! The diaplay in incredible and the computer screams. Anybody wanna buy an old windows box?
  • Reply 335 of 335
    Quote:

I just got my 30" display and am typing this from my new dual 2.5 G5 with 30" display. WOW!! The diaplay in incredible and the computer screams. Anybody wanna buy an old windows box?

Congrats Harry!!! Enjoy it. I hope you don't have the problems I have had with the 6800 card. I can't wait to see the 30".