When do you think tiger will come?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Guess of a date?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    According to Macrumors, it seems that it might arrive far sooner than Apple is saying that it is. (Apple says Q2 of 2005, which is next summer). Macrumors says that it might arrive in January.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I'm guessing they will announce the ship date at MWSF and that the ship date will be March
  • Reply 3 of 7
    March would be AWESOME!!!! Could get my family to buy it for my birthday.

iDunno
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I say announced at MWSF, available in Feb with possibly new powerbooks.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

I say announced at MWSF, available in Feb with possibly new powerbooks.

I agree. But whenever it will come out, you don't have to be a genius to realize that when Apple said "in the first half of 05" they left ample room for the obvious triumpf: We released Tiger sooner than expected, while Long Horn get's delayed again and again".

Steve loves this kinda thing, and that's why I love Steve
  • Reply 6 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    If you think about it, one thing that makes it difficult to predict is iLife.

Do people think iLife will be upgraded to iLife 05? (I do)

If that's the case:

OS X would have to be released *BEFORE* iLife 05 otherwise too many people (including me) would question why 10.4 didn't include the latest shipping versions of the iApps that iLife provides.

When iLife 04 came out here's how I would have assumed things would go:

Jan - iLife XX

Sum/Fall - OS X 10.X (updated with the XX versions of the iLife apps - not including Gar. Band)

Jan - iLife XX+1

Sum/Fall - OS X 10.X (updated with the XX+1 versions of the iLife apps - not including Gar. Band)

This made sense given Apple really does need to roll the latest iApps into the OS.

Now with 10.4 not being released in the Sum/Fall where does this put the next build of iLife? Given the 'first half 05' release date from 10.4 I would have assumed iLife would be the 'now-shipping' star of MWSF in Jan but then if that's the case wouldn't everyone expect that when 10.4 gets released (just a few months later) that it would include the latest iApps?

See where I'm going with this?

The way Apple has things setup WRT iLife, from a marketing point of view - Apple is almost forced into shipping the new OS before the next release of iLife.

If that's the case then what would the 'now shipping' announcement be for MWSF?

Dave
  • Reply 7 of 7
    lucylucy Posts: 44member
    As you will remember, Panther does not include iLife. Mac OS X does not need to include iLife at all, so its release schedule is independent of the release schedule for iLife, assuming of course iLife doesn't require the latest version of Mac OS X.