Star Wars Battlefront - Mac Version

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know if Aspyr or any other company is going to make a Mac version of the new Star Wars Battlefront? The game seems to have been released on everything (PS2, X-Box, PC) but the Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    If it does get picked up, it'll probably be out by Christmas 2005, by which time no one will be playing it online anymore.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    That is one game I'm completely unexcited about. Sorry.

If you're into MMORPGs, look to World of Warcraft. Incredible game, and it's going to be a simultaneous release.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I have Battlefront on my Xbox and its not what its all cracked up to be. And I'm also looking forward to WOW too
  • Reply 4 of 7
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

That is one game I'm completely unexcited about. Sorry.

If you're into MMORPGs, look to World of Warcraft. Incredible game, and it's going to be a simultaneous release.

Battlefront isn't a MMORPG, it's just a deathmatch shooter.

I have it on Xbox and it's fun. Compiles all the land based battles from the Star Wars movies into one game, and even has some vehicles in there such as AT-ATs, X-Wings, and Tie Fighters.

Graphics are decent, although the frame rate online is very poor. (20fps tops. It's 30fps when playing single player). Lots of lag too, I've never been able to get a great connection.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    And the fact that you're aiming with joysticks probably makes it hard, too.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

And the fact that you're aiming with joysticks probably makes it hard, too.

The joys of console auto aim..
  • Reply 7 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think Battlefront is actually pretty cool, but it's loaded with lag online. It got a little better with the XBOX live update recently, but it's still not that great online yet.

If you want to take a look at an awesome looking star wars game that is not yet released. Check out Star Wars Republic Commando, and watch the two developers walkthroughs, and the trailer. It looks amazing!

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/