Help - Newbie questions!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi All,

Firstly, this looks like a very cool forum!

Secondly, I'm about to leave my current job and my new position will allow me to chose a new notebook. I've been using Windows for years and feel very comfortable with it, but I'm very attracted to the G4 15" Powerbook, but I'm worried about connectively, use of existing "windows" applications etc.

I've done some research and I see that mail, wifi, exchange, word, excel etc are all OK, but what about syncing with a PocketPC PDA, Microsoft Money etc???

What's compatibility like?

I've been to my local stockist, but they seemed pretty dumb on the whole subject.

Help please!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jpm,

First, welcome to AppleInsider .

Now, to answer some of your questions...

PocketPC's don't natively sync with Mac OS, but there are a couple of solutions:

Missing Sync produced by Mark/Space

Or

Pocket Mac

I'm afraid I can't really help with the MS Money question. I do know that there's a Mac version of Quicken, so you might be able to interchange files that way, as I suspect they might have the option to read and write in a comon format. Hopefully someone with Quicken experience will be able to chip in.

Hope that helps :-).

Dave.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks Dave, well there's one question answered, the MarkSpace software looks pretty good.

I've been using Money for sometime and have a lot of historical data in it, so I hope that I can do something there.

Cheers - James 8)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpm993

Thanks Dave, well there's one question answered, the MarkSpace software looks pretty good.

I've been using Money for sometime and have a lot of historical data in it, so I hope that I can do something there.

Cheers - James 8)

Not sure if it is what your looking for but on the quicken support page there is an article how to export MS Money in to quicken.