TS Speaks - 60gb iPod, audio and video

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Colour screens, audio and video out (for photos) , 30 to 60 days delivery..

Photo support etc..

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0410photoipod.html

No real surprises from what was postulated.. but "confirmation" nether-less ..

ack - Can a mod pls change the video to photo in the title

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Sources indicate that Apple will market the new photo iPod as being capable of storing 20,000 music tracks and 25,000 photos.

I don't understand how a 60GB could store 20,000 tracks + 25,000 photo's when a 40GB can *only* store 10,000. I'd imagine the figure would be 10,000 tracks + 25,000 photos.

Also I'd like to see how well the battery last with a colour screen - although presumably it wont go down below the 8 hours of the 3g iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    i will wait until there is bluetooth incorporated into the body.

it makes sense that the greatest way to share the photos will be through bluetooth.

zapping them to yr colleagues, yr friends, yr grandmother.

its likely that first generation will not have bluetooth. second generation will.

however, belkin will come up with a bluetooth adapter...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Speaking of Think Secret's "predicitions", prior to MacExpo in Paris they said there would be a firmware update for the mini to bring it the same features as the 4G iPod. Never materialized. What happened?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by niji

it makes sense that the greatest way to share the photos will be through bluetooth.

its likely that first generation will not have bluetooth. second generation will.

lol becuase everyone's grandmas have iPods, especially with photo capabilites.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    If Apple uses an OLED color screen then battery life would be very good.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I don't understand how a 60GB could store 20,000 tracks + 25,000 photo's when a 40GB can *only* store 10,000. I'd imagine the figure would be 10,000 tracks + 25,000 photos.

Could be something as simple as the 40GB doesn't really store 10,000 songs...but maybe 10,246 songs...but that didn't play as well in the ad with test audiences. And so now...they could say 20,000 songs with room left over for 25,000 photos (which is a TON BTW).
  • Reply 7 of 10
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Could be something as simple as the 40GB doesn't really store 10,000 songs...but maybe 10,246 songs...but that didn't play as well in the ad with test audiences. And so now...they could say 20,000 songs with room left over for 25,000 photos (which is a TON BTW).

At a bit rate of 128 kbps, you can fit about 12,500 5-minute songs into 60 GB, so I'd agree with the previous poster that 10,000 songs + 25,000 photos is more realistic.

At any rate... I just bought one of the new 40 GB click-wheel iPods. Now Apple's going to make my have to buy yet another new iPod? Damn them!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Speaking of Think Secret's "predicitions", prior to MacExpo in Paris they said there would be a firmware update for the mini to bring it the same features as the 4G iPod. Never materialized. What happened?

What's missing from the mini? Out of interest...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kotatsu

What's missing from the mini? Out of interest...

multiple on-the-go playlists, shuffle in the main menu.

Also wasn't there a rumour on this web-site before about Apple researching into organic LEDs? (Not in this thread but a couple of years ago)
  • Reply 10 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

At a bit rate of 128 kbps, you can fit about 12,500 5-minute songs into 60 GB, so I'd agree with the previous poster that 10,000 songs + 25,000 photos is more realistic.

At any rate... I just bought one of the new 40 GB click-wheel iPods. Now Apple's going to make my have to buy yet another new iPod? Damn them!

actually a 60GB disk would be able to hold 15,000 songs if a 40GB could hold 10,000. Apple are going to find it difficult to make a default picture size as it depends on your digital camera, the number of mega-pixels, the quality of the photo etc.

Quote:

Originally posted by niji

Maybe the grandma has the new iMac with optional bluetooth, or a mobile phone.

I'm sure Apple would like users to be able to share music but wasn't allowed to because of the record companies. PhotoPod will enable Apple to develop new ways of transferring files, allowing them to innovate as they like without restrictions of copyright.