eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Probably stuff like...

"Keep your clothes on, whore."

"STFU"

"Holy shit, it's Godzilla."

"There's sand in my crotch."
  • Reply 2 of 19
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    i don't know... but i don't trust that dude, the chick is just trying to fit in with everyone... eventually they will have a story line where someone teaches her english after the dude dies... which I hope he does.. he is just not as friendly as the obese dude, who is cool.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Just watched it. I thought it would have potential. Has enough holes in the plot to drive a Mack ( a Mac... ) truck through. Dumb-it-down TV sci-fi/drama. Oh well.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    adamraoadamrao Posts: 175member
    Did you watch last night? There were subtitles of what they were saying.

I'm not sold on the show yet, but it seems somewhat interesting. We'll see...
  • Reply 5 of 19
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by adamrao

Did you watch last night? There were subtitles of what they were saying.

I'm not sold on the show yet, but it seems somewhat interesting. We'll see...

I did watch. The first episode was the one that had no subtitles. I'm digging the

show so far. I like how they parcel out little bits of info of each character. I

also like that I'm not sure who the is a bad guy or good guy.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    It sounds like Korean, but that may be based on the fact they're Korean actors.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Probably stuff like...

"Keep your clothes on, whore."

"STFU"

"Holy shit, it's Godzilla."

"There's sand in my crotch."

They are speaking Korean, and you were relatively close on the translation. The guy did say "button up your shirt" to the woman. The guy's being overprotective. The woman is a pretty famous Korean actor, I don't know about the guy.He did show up shows like "Angel".
  • Reply 8 of 19
    I think Daniel Dae Kim was in Enterprise (yep), and quite a few other things
  • Reply 9 of 19
    i don't know. it's kinda irritating! i love the show though. i think it's like a dr moreau type island
  • Reply 10 of 19
    I don't know how it could end up not being a parallel universe type of situation. A giant man eating monster. A tropical polar bear? A creepy bald man with a 'secret' who can whittle a perfect dog whistle.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    obviously, the french woman was part of a group of scientists that came to the island 16 years ago and conducted a genetic experiment that created a giant man eating beast that is a giant polar bear.

there.

also, that old dude... what's his story?
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Despite my critisizm of the show's plot holes, I'll admit I've been watching it.

I thought the background on the old man Locke (Terry O'Quinn) was kinda interesting. As far as "Merry" goes, err, umm, Charlie, feed'em to the sharks!
  • Reply 13 of 19
    I thought that the show is trying to copy off "Lord of the Flies."
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jiminy C.

I thought that the show is trying to copy off "Lord of the Flies."

About the only similarity is how they're stranded on an island.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No, there's a really fat character too.

We'll just have to see if someone drops a boulder on his face. Here's hoping!
  • Reply 16 of 19
    I watched the show last night for the first time and was wondering how the airplane wreckage is still burning. I'd think that it would burn out fairly quickly once the jet fuel was exhausted. Maybe it's just because it makes for a neat backdrop.

Also, is anyone really loony enough to go boar hunting with a dagger?
  • Reply 17 of 19
    It wasn't burning. They decided to burn the rotting bodies inside with wood as fuel...so the scavengers wouldn't come back.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    that last episodes, the one about Jack's history, was good, although it did not further along the group's plot, but I did not mind.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Why is it they only focus on a few of the characters, they have the chance to open things up, I hope they will.