How to spot a terrorist

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
(Yes I am in the right forum)

Well, according to.....Ooops! Fucked up. Let's try that one more time Chester.

Well, according to Tajik Air they'll be the ones glowing red, carrying a semi-automatic weapon and decked out in battle fatigues and a hood. Not to be confused with the Special Task Force members who "should" rescue you. They are easily distinguished because they glow green.

Other handy advice.....

Quote:

Try to analyse the situation occurred.

Because that will take your mind off your imminent death.

Quote:

Please try to collect the maximum dates of the terrorists, their quantity, their leader among them, personal appearance, phychological state, peculiarities of behaviur, names and their ammunition.

But why stop there. Get their home phone numbers and email addresses while you're at it. Personally, if a terrorist tells me their name, my next thought will be "I am going to die."

Quote:

Try, if you get possibility, to enter in talk with terrorists, be have naturally, that will quiet both you and terrorist.

Sounds good in theory......

Quote:

In case of shooting lie down and have a shelter behind your seat. Don't try to run away.

Exactly where would one run away to on a plane?

Quote:

Try not to be outstanding off the other hostages

I wasn't planning on waving my arms in the air and shouting "pick me, pick me" but thanks for the advice all the same.

Quote:

in no way disarrange the terrorists.

Becasue if there's one thing that will get a terrorist mad it's disorder and untidiness.

Quote:

In call you hear clashes in the airplane's saloon when the task force uses the light grenades or tear-gas, close your eyes and do not stir them bind is as you can.

Because with your eyes closed you won't see the bullet that's about to enter your brain.

Quote:

Don't use alcoholic drinks.

Here I must disagree with Tajik Air. Getting blind drunk sounds like just the ticket for dealing with being hijacked to me. Besides, if a red glowing, gun toting, battled fatigued, hooded terrorist comes by with the drinks cart, is it really a wise move to knock them back.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    It would be funnier if it weren't so sad.
  • Reply 2 of 19
  • Reply 3 of 19
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member

I would want to post something as funny here guys but I'm afraid I can't discuss ..
  • Reply 4 of 19
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    First off you look for the Guy next to Bin Laden.

If that fails you look for this guy:

Oh wait I meant this guy:

• Reply 5 of 19
    Ok this upsets me. I know you are poking fun at terrorists, but they are a serious thing and I really don't like them. Now I know you don't care but I want my opinion heard. So that is my 15 seconds.

?LarryISKewl?
  • Reply 6 of 19
    A group of us went downtown last Sunday after Church. We saw an Arab girl taking pictures of the parking garages so we told security and they called the city Police about it.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Common Man

A group of us went downtown last Sunday after Church. We saw an Arab girl taking pictures of the parking garages so we told security and they called the city Police about it.

I saw an old man downtown picking through trash with a stick, I think he was planting bombs.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I saw an old man downtown picking through trash with a stick, I think he was planting bombs.

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet... and then I had to stop crying so I could call the police, because I figured this guy had probably blown his feet off while making bombs for suicide bombers.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Dont worry about Common Man, he goes to the church that is run by the same family as Fellowship's church is run by.

I think that's all I ever needed to know.

rightwing, islamophobic, ignorant, bigotted, fundamentalists.

At least Fellowship shows signs that he is thinking for himself and trying to create an honest view of the world.

Look at his profile. For all his arrogance, he is not even old enough to vote!
  • Reply 10 of 19
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Those terrorists have no manners at all. They even take photographs and write on the web as well.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

Those terrorists have no manners at all. They even take photographs and write on the web as well.

a friend of my wife had his family and him questioned for taking pictures of the power plant near his house (he like the shapes of the steam coming off the stacks, and had just bought a sweet new digital camera). well, he's mexican, and lives in backwoods michigan, so when a white woman came alongside his parked car, she rolled down her window, looked at him, his darker-than-average complexion, at his car, and drove off. when he got home, the cops were waiting.

he's an english professor, and now has his name on a list... somewhere... and no one will tell him when, if ever, it will be removed.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    People who get into those incidents really should not cooperate *at all*. Sure it takes some knowledge of the law, and there are risks if the system is really as Orwellian as it sometimes seems, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Even though I think my country doesn't have this sort of problems - yet - these stories make me motivated to find out what sort of rights I have in a public place and dealing with the police.

I think at some point these unreasonable tactics will backfire on Homeland Security, because innocent people will watch out for this and be less inclined to casually assist police. Similarly, they might not report even genuinely suspicious activity because their trust in the police is gone. Also it's dead certain people will abuse these terrorism reporting mechanisms for personal uses. The threshold for evidence/suspicion is so low, there is something true but suspicious to tell about anyone. If the informant doesn't lie, it's virtually impossible to show that he only does this informing out of malice, therefore he's very hard to punish for it. At best the police ignore him after the first case turns up false for terrorism, but this is no comfort to the person who is hassled that one time and who now has a paper trail in the judicial system.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member

How to spot a terrorist indeed. Well, we have two caucasian terrorist here. Bert is obviously in league with Bin Ladden. Oh, and Ron of the long schlong clan looks remarkably like--you guessed it--a terrorist.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

a friend of my wife had his family and him questioned for taking pictures of the power plant near his house (he like the shapes of the steam coming off the stacks, and had just bought a sweet new digital camera). well, he's mexican, and lives in backwoods michigan, so when a white woman came alongside his parked car, she rolled down her window, looked at him, his darker-than-average complexion, at his car, and drove off. when he got home, the cops were waiting.

he's an english professor, and now has his name on a list... somewhere... and no one will tell him when, if ever, it will be removed.

That is seriously fucked up. Stuff like that will bite his kids in the ass some day.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    But just remember, the world is a better place because of it
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

People who get into those incidents really should not cooperate *at all*. Sure it takes some knowledge of the law, and there are risks if the system is really as Orwellian as it sometimes seems, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Even though I think my country doesn't have this sort of problems - yet - these stories make me motivated to find out what sort of rights I have in a public place and dealing with the police.

I think at some point these unreasonable tactics will backfire on Homeland Security, because innocent people will watch out for this and be less inclined to casually assist police. Similarly, they might not report even genuinely suspicious activity because their trust in the police is gone. Also it's dead certain people will abuse these terrorism reporting mechanisms for personal uses. The threshold for evidence/suspicion is so low, there is something true but suspicious to tell about anyone. If the informant doesn't lie, it's virtually impossible to show that he only does this informing out of malice, therefore he's very hard to punish for it. At best the police ignore him after the first case turns up false for terrorism, but this is no comfort to the person who is hassled that one time and who now has a paper trail in the judicial system.

You forget the patriot act. Nothing prevents you from being locked up and the key thrown away if you don't cooperate. No one will ever know that you are locked up either. So, I don't think your advice will work in America where civil liberties currently don't exist.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

You forget the patriot act. Nothing prevents you from being locked up and the key thrown away if you don't cooperate. No one will ever know that you are locked up either. So, I don't think your advice will work in America where civil liberties currently don't exist.

I doubt any part of Patriot Act can get you locked up for refusing to show ID. In the case I linked on this thread, the photographer was never informed about what laws he is supposedly breaking. Then the police just gave up.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    At a time like this, we could really use Marvin the Martian with his Pu-36 Space Modulator. You know, the one he's going to use to blow up the Earth. Am I just lazy, or doesn't that just seem easier?
  • Reply 19 of 19
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    ....Easiest way to spot terrorists are those chain-smoking inviduals hanging out in airport lobbies and when you ask them any question they reply: "None of your

!&@#! business!"