The first of the G5 2.5 with 6800s have shipped!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
From InsideMacGames Forum: (link)

"Just got my G5 2x2.5 /w nVidia 6800 Ultra; 2 GB ram extras. I think that there are a few other people that got them today too, from reading different forums around. Anyway I can't believe I got mine all ready. I guess someone is looking out for me after all."

So, they've finally started shipping.

And maybe Nvidia will make a retail version without the Dual DVI crap for normal users to buy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

"Just got my G5 2x2.5 /w nVidia 6800 Ultra; 2 GB ram extras. I think that there are a few other people that got them today too, from reading different forums around. Anyway I can't believe I got mine all ready. I guess someone is looking out for me after all."

And maybe Nvidia will make a retail version without the Dual DVI crap for normal users to buy.

Serach for NVIDIA in the Apple Store, but you will never get a card like this without DDL!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Got mine yesterday afternoon and it's wonderful! So fast. Highly recommended.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

Can you post Cinebench 2003 results?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by luki_PL

Can you post Cinebench 2003 results?

Just ran it. CPU render test - 629
  • Reply 5 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Well, with Doom3 coming out for Mac in a month or so, congrads!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Well, with Doom3 coming out for Mac in a month or so, congrads!

That's cool. I have been playing UT 2004 on this today and it's pretty amazing. Way faster than my dual 1.25 G4...

I had been looking online for news on Doom 3, and only saw a link that said there was no publisher as of yet for the Mac version. What's the latest on that?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Just ran it. CPU render test - 629

And OpenGL results?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

That's cool. I have been playing UT 2004 on this today and it's pretty amazing. Way faster than my dual 1.25 G4...

I had been looking online for news on Doom 3, and only saw a link that said there was no publisher as of yet for the Mac version. What's the latest on that?

Well, some clever poster over at IMG found some info hidden in the annals of the Aspyr server. Aspyr will be publishing it. See the original thread here. Scroll down to c15zyx's post to see some extra info.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    This is awesome awesome awesome news.... hopefully that means that I should expect mine soon.

iDunno