iPod and scratches

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just got my iPod back from Apple, and they thoughfully covered the thing in scratches. I could hassle them to take it back again, but the combination of epic times on hold to get an RMA number, and geological turnaround times to actually get it back are putting me off.

Is there any way remove scratches from an iPod? Both the white plastic and silver back look like they've been dragged through a gravel pit. A few deep ones but mainly surface scratches.

Apple customer service is just the best!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    First day I got my iPod I scratched the hell out of it.

Simply setting it in the slot beneath my car stereo for a two mile drive through town was all it took. The slight vibration of the plastic it was resting on was enough to thoroughly scratch the metal finish.

Perhaps it was damaged in shipping?

(Not an excuse, just a theory)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    I just found this site - http://www.ipodcleaner.com

Sounds interesting, so I placed an order. Hope it works and doesn't melt the thing.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Brasso will probably work, at least on the back. Just wear gloves and don't make a mess. There are some specific iPod scratch repair kits, iCleaner, Ice Cream M, etc. I thought I saw some review of these things at www.ipodlounge.com a little while ago.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Well I got my iCleaner stuff from ipodcleaner.com. A word of warning, don't buy it.

What was once a scratched iPod is now a very scratched iPod. The stuff doesn't work, at all. Just makes things worse.

Avoid!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    Thanks for the heads up on that product...

I was considering it also...dang