Apple & 3G

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I cant see Apple releasing any cool personal computing products for a few years. The reason being that Apples interests are in the American market and other markets seem less important to them. They wont release any products that would alienate the American market. The reason being that Americas mobile communication system is pittyful. Any comments?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Graphite:

<strong>I cant see Apple releasing any cool personal computing products for a few years. The reason being that Apples interests are in the American market and other markets seem less important to them. They wont release any products that would alienate the American market. The reason being that Americas mobile communication system is pittyful. Any comments?</strong><hr></blockquote>

sorry but i don't understand what you means. If i can't see Apple releasing any cool computing products, it's because Apple is essentialy a computer maker.

I don't see what the american market have to do with that. There is no difference between computers for europeans or americans or canadians ...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Essentially what it seems graphite is saying is he feels apple will lag in the dev. of mobile computing solutions due to a lackluster american cellular network.

[quote] I cant see Apple releasing any cool personal computing products for a few years. <hr></blockquote>

But this is just unfathomable. Sure maybe Apple won't be a significant contributor to the technological dev. of websurfing/mp3/streaming media cellular devices that 3G networks should enable, but then are those the be all and end all of PC innovation, and has apple ever been a major player in any of these markets??

In otherwords, shitty american cellular networks might stifle the innovation of some companies but it is highly doubtful that one of them would be Apple...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Evodilution:

<strong>Essentially what it seems graphite is saying is he feels apple will lag in the dev. of mobile computing solutions due to a lackluster american cellular network.

But this is just unfathomable. Sure maybe Apple won't be a significant contributor to the technological dev. of websurfing/mp3/streaming media cellular devices that 3G networks should enable, but then are those the be all and end all of PC innovation, and has apple ever been a major player in any of these markets??

In otherwords, shitty american cellular networks might stifle the innovation of some companies but it is highly doubtful that one of them would be Apple...</strong><hr></blockquote>

thanks for your explanation evodilution i understand more
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Yeah, our cellular service does suck way too much.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by Graphite:

<strong>I cant see Apple releasing any cool personal computing products for a few years. The reason being that Apples interests are in the American market and other markets seem less important to them. They wont release any products that would alienate the American market. The reason being that Americas mobile communication system is pittyful. Any comments?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Graphite, I agree 110%!!!

Due to the way the US handles the spectrum and it's auction process the US is (and as far as I can see always will be) fragmented.

Don't get me wrong, competition **is** a good thing but then again so are standards. The problem is the wireless folks here in the US think standards are SO GOOD we have a TON to choose from.

Dave