two mice at a time

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
of absolutely no importance, I plugged in a logitech mouse as well as an MS mouse on an Apple keyboard (dual USB of course) and it works...

My colleagues thought I was abit loony, and I indeed felt like it.

To move a window with one mouse, and then move it back around with the other is.. weird.

Felt like my left and right hands were competing.

Ok... I think I need to go home now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Device contention! WO0T.

The only similar use I've seen with practical applications was a mix of mouse and stylus.

Mixing mouse and trackpad is challenging enough thumb retraining on a laptop.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    You should be able to have two pointers - one for each mouse. That'd be fun.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

that would be crazy, it'd be like something out of minority report

ok, not quite, but close
  • Reply 4 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    That might actually make sense, if you were moving the pointers with gestures.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Who needs a two button mouse when you can have two mice instead?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    i tried it again this morning, and it really felt like having two hands in my computer. I've never tried those virtual gloves, but it kinda feels something like that I guess... I wonder how it would be if you had two cursors
  • Reply 7 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

Imagine Final Cut with that...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    A friend and I used to play splitscreen futurecop with two keyboards. As long as we had different keys for the various functions it'd work great.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    On my PC I've been using a M$ 5-button for the left hand and a Razer Diamondback (previously a Boomslang for the past two years...) as of last month for my right hand.

I'm not fully ambidextrous, can't sign my name with my left hand. Just about everything else I can do with both hands...

On my Mac, I use a 3-button M$ on the left and an Apple mouse for my right.

Most of my main mouse moves, with exception of gaming, are performed with my left. It's weird now when I sit in front of someone else's rig to only have one mouse.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

of absolutely no importance, I plugged in a logitech mouse as well as an MS mouse on an Apple keyboard (dual USB of course) and it works...

My colleagues thought I was abit loony, and I indeed felt like it.

To move a window with one mouse, and then move it back around with the other is.. weird.

Felt like my left and right hands were competing.

Ok... I think I need to go home now.

In my old elementry school I found that out by pluggin my moues into the usb port on my friends keyboard and move his stuff around when he wasn't looking.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Two mice at a time.....

Kinky. 8)